This purpose built holiday house has been designed to provide the very best in holiday accommodation and this has been reflected in it being awarded the highest accolade from Visit Britain - 5 * Gold Award along with their Pets, Walkers, Cyclists and Families welcome awards.
It is ideally situated to appreciate the facilities offered by the village of Seahouses, and is ideal as a base to explore further afield, whether you wish to walk, golf, dive, birdwatch, horse ride, visit a castle or two, a historical garden or just generally sight see.
Whether you are looking to relax and chill out in our Hot Tub - which has been done even in the midst of a November hail storm by one group of guests - or you prefer to use the house as a base for summer walking, family get togethers, or to spend time with friends from across the miles who you've not seen in a while - there is everything you need.
- Enter through front door into entrance porch
- Hanging area for outside wear and shoe rack
- Utility cupboard containing cleaning items, first aid kit, baby box and k9 box
Catering for 10 - that's big kitchen style catering - huge pans for the "spag bol", and beautiful white china to serve that celebration meal, even outdoor "crockery & glasses" for the barby or pop it in the wicker basket for a beach picnic. Check out the ice-cream maker, bread machine and 30 cup water boiler too!
- Range style cooker with double oven, grill and ceramic hob, extractor.
- American fridge/freezer with chilled filter water and ice faciilties
- Large deep belfast style stainless steel sink
- Krupps filter coffee/espresso machine
- Pop Corn machine (small)
- Two 12 place setting dishwashers
- Granite work surfaces including central island
- Catering size quality pans and cookware
- Quality white porcelain crockery
- Quality Viners cutlery including 3 sets of children's cutlery (stainless steel)
- Glasses for every occasion
- Storage boxes
- Outside "melamine" picnic ware, picnic basket and plastic glasses.
- A through room from the kitchen separated by the double sided log burner
- Large oak dining table craftsman made especially for the house 13' long x 4' wide , and easily seating up to 12
- Huge painted and oak dresser containing table ware and glasses
- This room is great for dining, but also tends to be used to gather, chat, play board games or watch a movie
- Large flat screen TV with Sky package
- Ipod dock
- Access to decked area and hot tub
- Spacious upstairs room bisected by stair case with Juliette balcony and views over farmland to the sea and Beadnell village
- Large comfortable sofas
- Log burning stove
- Large flat screen TV with sky package
- Music station - CD/Radio
- DVD player & DVD's
- Playstation 2 games station & games
- Wii with Sports package - you are welcome to bring your own games to use.
- Rear part of the lounge offers a quiet seating area, library of books, games, jigsaws etc.
Space for everyone, our bedrooms aren't massive but they have everything you'll need with flexible beds - super kingsize doubles or twins, 3 have ensuite shower rooms, and with a further family bathroom upstairs, and a family shower room downstairs, this means each bedroom has its own facilities.
- 2 bedrooms which can be super kingsize doubles (or if you request it 3' twins), one is ensuite shower room with whb and wc, the other uses
- Family shower room - 1700 wide shower, easy access for those with mobility problems, whb and wc
- Third bedroom is a flexible kingsize zip and link double, and is ensuite with shower room, whb and wc.
- Both rooms are superking or twin.
- 1 room is ensuite with shower room, wc & whb
- The front bedroom has double doors out onto a balcony with similar views to the lounge, this room uses the adjacent
- Family Bathroom, bath with shower over, whb and wc.
The garage is multi-functional offering
- A games room with multi-games table
- Washer drier and a hanging line for drying outdoor gear.
- Storage for cycles or leisure equipment
There are 7 televisions, yes 7, in the property, each bedroom, the lounge and the dining room, the latter being connected to two independent sky packages, there's also a DVD player and a playstation.
In the lounge library you'll find not only a good range of books and paperbacks (feel free to do swaps with those you've brought and read), but also Playstation games, cd's and DVD's.
- Large flat screen tv in the lounge
- Large flat screen TV in dining room
- SKY package including sports and movies channels and multi room allowing viewing of different programmes on different TV's
- 5 bedroom TV's freeview with ability to show SKY programme from lounge SKY box.
- Music station - cd/radio
- Cd's and dvd's
- Playstation 2 games station & games
- Wii with sports package.
- Books, games, jigsaws etc
- Multi-games table - pool, table football, hockey etc (10 games in all)
- Grand size outdoor chess game
- Wi-Fi - Fast BT fibre internet access
- Hot tub
You are welcome to bring your own games for Wii or Playstation.
- Decked area with tables and chairs
- Hot Tub - please check the rules of use
- Deck Chairs
- Rear Courtyard with grand size chess game
- Play area
- An roll of approx 2m x 2m artificial grass is supplied for use on rear courtyard or deck area.
- Laundry drying area with washing line etc
- Driveway with parking for up to 5 cars (depending on size - (Toyota Avensis for example))
- Log store
- Recycling area
- Bedding (duvets), bed linen, towels (hand & bathsheet) (not for cots)
- Electricity - the property is heated with underfloor heating throughout the ground floor and all bath/shower rooms.
- Upstairs lounge and bedrooms by controllable convector heaters
- Hot water is provided by solar system to the house with an immersion automated backup
- Hot tub water heating
- Initial supply of logs, kindling, matches for the log burners October to end of March
- Welcome pack - tea, coffee, sugar, milk, sweet treat
- Welcome toiletries - loo rolls, shampoo, shower gel, soaps - eco friendly products
- Cleaning pack - multi-surface cleaner & cleaning cloths (all cleaning products eco-friendly)
- Kitchen pack - washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, washing machine tablets, ceramic hob cleaner
- Welcome folder including information on the house, its appliances, the hot tub, and a good pub guide, dog friendly pub guide
- Wi-Fi - Fast BT fibre internet access
- One wooden cot (not to be used upstairs) and 1 travel cot (Please supply your own linen & towels for infant).
- Stair gate at the top of the stairs is fixed permanently, 2nd push in type of stair gate is available
- High Chair one is provided.
- Baby Box - baby monitor, table corners, beakers, bibs, non-slip bowls, kiddies plastic cutlery
- Steriliser (microwave type)
- Bottle warmer - electric
- Kiddie step
- K9 box - toys for your doggy companion, food bowl, lead, "tie out stake"
- K9 welcome pack - a few biscuits, chews and poo bags
- Onsite parking for up to 5 average size cars.
Children are welcome at Hastings House and we provide the following for our younger visitors
- One full size wooden cot with drop side is available for use in either of the larger ground floor bedrooms,
- a travel cot is available for use on one of the two upstairs bedrooms. We do not provide bedding for either of these cots.
- One high chair is located permanently at the property.
- Two stair gates are located permenetly at the property.
- A baby box is located in the hall cupboard containing some essentials incase you have forgotten anything.
- A microwave steriliser is provided.
- Two sets of Toddler cutlery is provided.
- Toys and a games table in the garage, a library of books, games, a playstation 2 and games and internet access.
- a moveable area (approx 4m x 4m) of artificial grass is provided for use outside.
Hastings House welcomes well behaved dogs (up to 2 medium large or 3 small) @ £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired - see what can be arranged on the main description tab)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
The following can be hired - see charges under Availability > Options and Extras
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate medium
- Dog crate large
View and/or download the Stay Northumbria’s
Northumberland Dog Friendly Pub Guide
Special notes and Conditions:
• Well behaved pets welcomed by arrangement £25.00 per pet per week or part thereof.
• Note this property has a hot tub over 4' deep and children & dogs, should be supervised in this area at all times.
• This property requires a £250 Good Housekeeping Bond to be lodged for the duration of your stay.
• Mobile signal in Seahouses can be restricted - EE (T-mobile/orange) is the most consistent provider and definitely works at Hastings House.
Ok so there's up to 10 of you so you might not want to all do the same things, and there's plenty to occupy you at the house, but lets get out and about and visit some of the great spots in the local area.
5 things to do on foot
- Walk down to the harbour and jump on a boat to the Farne Islands - between April and early July you'll get the opportunity to see thousands of seabirds - Puffins, Terns, Guillimots to name a few, and Harbour porpoise and Bottle nose Dolphins are quite commonly seen.
- Take a stroll along the beach to Bamburgh, visit the castle whilst you're there, explore the local independent shops and hop on a local bus to return, or do the round trip on foot - about 7 miles.
- Walk southwards down to Beadnell, stop off for lunch at one of the local hostelries, or go early and take in breakfast at Salt Water Cafe in comfort, or bacon bun on the beach from Bait at Beadnell .
- Take a walk around Seahouses following the Heritage Trail and find out some of the history of the buildings and people.
- Not quite on your own feet - but just over the road for horse lovers, Slate Hall riding stables provide local rides, lessons and for those more able and experienced equestrian's a guided ride along the beach.
5 places to go by car
- Inland Rothbury is a small market town, and home to Cragside estate. The house offers loads to see and was the first house in the world to be light by hydro electricty.
- The estate villages of Ford and Etal are quaint pretty villages with some lovely walks round about.
- Alnwick with its Castle and Garden are always a favourite with visitors, and don't forget Barter Books - a good rainy day venue.
- Drive out into the Cheviot Hills, you'll end up on foot again, but the views and surroundings are spectacular.
- Take the coastal bus to get an over view of all of the coastal villages.
Seahouses, .5km from the harbour, in a quiet lane over looking fields to the sea and Beadnell.
Walking distance to Seahouses~Bamburgh beach - 15 minutes.
Walking distance to Seahouses~Beadnell beach - 10 minutes.
Distance from Beadnell Cycle Path - 5 minutes ride.
Walking distance to nearest pub/eatery - less than 5 minutes
Walking distance to shops - 10 minutes.
Walking distance to Beadnell - 2.5 miles
Walking distance to Bamburgh - 3 miles.
Driving : within easy reach of Alnwick, inland the Cheviot Hills and northward the border town of Berwick upon Tweed.
Nearest Rail Station - Chathill (very limited service from Newcastle), main line Alnmouth.
Nearest Airport : Newcastle International
Nearest Main Bus Station : Alnwick - however, direct routes to Seahouses available from both Berwick and Newcastle.
"Another fantastic weekend at Hastings House. Already booked for next year."
The Stella girls (Edinburgh) - Nov 2016
"Stunning house, made all 10 + a 2-year old and 3 dogs feel right at home! Relaxed. So well equipped for everything. Pinnacles fish and chips are a real treat! Beach was fantastic for the dogs and toddler to play on. Beds were very comfy and the house was so warm throughout. The weather started out cold, wet and blustery, but that didn't stop us, just made us weather hardened and the weather improved at the week progressed. Definitely one to recommend and to come back to."
Lennard and Dring family - Nov 2016
"Wow, what a week! Cottage in a brilliant location, well equipped for 10 people. Loved the hot tub! Great week had by all, hope to return soon."
Hubner and Vanhegan families - Oct 2016
"Fantastic weekend away with friends. Accommodation fantastic and facilities really clean and well maintained. Already talking about next year."
Willis party - Sep 2016
"A lovely home from home (with the added extra of that fabulous hot tub, or course!). Extremely well kitted-out kitchen - we wanted for nothing even when doing a full Sunday lunch for the 8 of us. Repeated requests to return have been received, so I'm sure we'll be back!"
The Batons, Goodwins and O'Donnells - Sep 2016
"Hastings House, perfect, providing a lovely home from home. All our group fell in love with the house and hope to come back again."
Bryant party - Sep 2016
"Beautiful house and gardens and very helpful/friendly staff. Everything was here that we needed - well equipped and very clean. Hot tub was a very good addition and the walled and carefully designed garden also meant that our dog enjoyed his stay here very much."
Passinghham-Hughes family - Sep 2016
"The last hour of an amazing 2 week holiday and our first time in Northumberland. We went out loads locally, so within an hour - Grace Darling in Bamburgh, Warkworth Castle and village (the most amazing tea room just up from the church), beautiful villages/beaches from Bamburgh/Beadnell to Craster. My mum is in a wheelchair and we could wheel her onto the beach from the car park at Beadnell. Holy Island was great, helpful staff at the Priory. We even ventured to Hadrian's Wall and saw a number of forts and the Roman town. We also enjoyed Cragside - beautiful house and gardens and very helpful, friendly staff. So, from the Passingham-Hughes family (Oxford) thank you for a wonderful house, everything was here that we needed. Well equipped and very clean. Hot tub was a very good addition and the walled, carefully designed, garden also meant that our dog enjoyed his stay here very much. Thank you."
Passingham-Hughes family - Sep 2016
"We've had an amazing week in Hastings House with all the family and friends to celebrate my 40th birthday! We've had fabulous weather and loved the beaches and a a day at Holy Island and Alnwick Gardens. The children have had so much fun and made lovely memories."
Coulson family - Aug 2016
"Our second holiday - last time in the house behind Hastings House. We're all one family with 2 dogs. Everything we could wish for in the house - the children loved the hot tub. We've had a fabulous time - empty beaches, interesting meal at The Potted Lobster in Bamburgh - we'd love to come back. "
Hamer party - Aug 2016
"Lovely house, 8 adults and 2 children, plus 1 dog. Hot tub wonderful! Plenty of games for everyone, young and old. Been to this area many times but first time for younger ones. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Thank you for doggie treats. Beadnell Beach is excellent for the younger ones and Seahouses caters for families very well. 2 dishwashers made light work! Bamburgh Bangers from Bamburgh Butcher - 5 star! All had a lovely, relaxing time."
Rachel and Spruce family - Jul 2016
"We have had a really lovely short holiday at the wonderful Hastings House. Shame we could not have managed longer. All our needs were catered for, and the welcome treats (even for the dogs!) were certainly a great extra touch. We love this area, especially Seahouses, it's the first time for the younger part of the family. I'm sure they'll be back in the future. Thank you sincerely."
Walker, Hargan and Glover families - Jul 2016
"Cottage lived up to all our expectations and was exactly as described on the website. It was perfect size for our party of 7 plus 2 dogs. Everything we could imagine was provided, even dog treats and towels, plus some muffins on arrival. Lovely area to explore - Alnwick, Alnmouth, Bamburgh, Ingram etc, plus some great walks and beaches (which the dogs loved). Would definitely recommend."
Elliott Party - Jul 2016
"The ladies who greeted us were lovely. The house lived up to expectations and had everything we needed. We had some lovely excursions to Alnwick, Lindisfarne, Bamburgh and had some great meals in Seahouses. Shame the weather wasn't better! Thanks."
Marsh Party - Jun 2016
"Thank you for a fabulous weekend, amazing house, so well stocked and everything catered for. We couldn't have asked for more and would love to come back soon!"
Wight party - May 2016
"We have had a fantastic time. Hazel and Kath came for their 60th birthdays with family and friends. Haven't enjoyed ourselves like this for a long time, thoroughly relaxed and will certainly come back again."
Carruthers party - Apr 2016
"Fantastic house, brilliant location and even better weather!! Looking forward to coming back next year but will be staying longer than 4 nights! House very well stocked. Thanks again."
Heath party - Apr 2016
"A very enjoyable family week. The house is very well equipped, indeed you seem to have thought of everything. We had a couple of minor problems which were very quickly resolved so thanks for that. Poachers Produce provided a beautiful meal for the whole group on one evening - highly recommended."
Caw party - Apr 2016
"Great week, great weather (very lucky compared to rest of UK) and wonderful facilities. We ranged from 8 weeks to 85 but had something for everyone, especially the hot tub. Great house for 60th birthday celebration, hope to return some day."
Taggart party - Apr 2016
"Super facilities, great hot tub, excellent place to relax and unwind (even with a teenager). Ideal for all ages (we ranged from 11 to 82)."
Rogers party - Mar 2016
From: 1st September 2017 - To: 8th September 2017
7 night early September break reduced was £1,965.00. Fantastic value for this lovely detached holiday home with a hot tub, sleeping upto 10. Pets very welcome.
From: 8th September 2017 - To: 15th September 2017
7 night September break reduced was £1,965.00. Fantastic value for this lovely detached holiday home with a hot tub, sleeping upto 10. Pets very welcome.
From: 13th October 2017 - To: 16th October 2017
Early October Holiday 2/3 night weekend short break just released at greatly reduced price. Great gathering house for family & friends, hot tub, wi-fi, SKY, dog friendly sleeps up to 10.
From: 16th October 2017 - To: 20th October 2017
Early October Holiday 3/4 night mid-week short break released at greatly reduced price. Great gathering house for family & friends, hot tub, wi-fi, SKY, dog friendly sleeps up to 10.
View our Access Statement
Hastings House is a property owned and managed by Stay Northumbria.
Our flagship property has attained its Visit England 5* Gold Award for another consecutive year, every year since 2007.
Because Hastings House is a little out of the ordinary as far as holiday houses go, we are always being asked questions about staying in the property, so we've put together the following information which we hope you will find useful in the decision making process.
Our Ideal Visitors:
Best suited for family groups, groups of friends or interest groups gathering together, and of particular interest to mature visitors, the property is available to mixed or single sex groups of a more discerning nature, but does not lend itself to those seeking a venue for loud music or late night outside usage, as it does not lie in isolation - we do have close neighbours. Similarly groups should be made up of a greater number of adults than children, with the majority of the group (however comprised) being over 25 years of age.
Bedrooms & bathrooms:
Our bedroom make up is totally flexible and each bedroom can be a large double bed or on request can be made into a twin room.
- There are 2 ensuite bedrooms and 1 non-ensuite bedroom on the ground floor, and upstairs 1 ensuite room and 1 non-ensuite room.
- Upstairs is also a large family bathroom, and downstairs a large family shower room.
- This means that there are 5 bedrooms and 5 bath or shower rooms so everyone can have their own private facilitie
Our Hot Tub is designed for full time usage, with minimal outage time required for maintenance, that said there are occasions when the Hot Tub must be drained down completely for health and safety reasons. This may be for planned maintenance in which case you will be informed, but it may be due to misuse by previous guests, or equipment failure, in which case we may not be able to fore-warn you. It is therefore not possible to guarantee access at all times, no financial recompense will be available due to circumstances of unplanned outage. Should there be a requirement to conduct a drain down during your stay due to misuse i.e. in-balance of water condition due to foreign matter (alcohol, food, oils or other cosmetics etc etc), a charge will be made to your bond.
You are required to complete our Hot Tub usage agreement prior to arrival at the property.
We don't wish to be party poopers but we hope that you understand that our strict reglulations for usage of the hot tub is for the health and safety of all of our guests and the general comfort and good relations with our neighbours.
Sky & TV
Sky TV multi-room package is provided at Hastings House offering the opportunity to view two different channels, one downstairs, and one upstairs (and on the bedroom TV's).
There is no pay per view facility provided.
Some movies may only be viewable after the watershed.
Freeview TV is also available on all seven - yes seven
TV's in the property subject to transmission.
We do not guarantee SKY/TV availability and no financial recompense is available if SKY/TV transmission fails for whatever reason.
A free wi-fi fast fibre service is provided for personal and recreational usage. The service is provided via BT.
Please note that we do not guarantee wi-fi availability, and no financial recompense will be forthcoming if it fails for whatever reason.
Mobile Telephone Signal
You are visiting a rural area - please check with your provider whether their signal operates in our area. We advise you not rely soley on travel information and documentation on your phone/mobile device when travelling to the property, please download the directions we supply before you set off, you may not be able to access it on your phone/mobile device on the way.
At the property (and in the area generally) the strongest signal is EE/Orange/T-mobile
Solar Water Heating
Please read our document Living with Solar, to find out about just that. Generally though the solar works all day, and if you happen to use all the hot water it generates, there is a large immersion heater which will kick in and heat the water if needed so you won't be without hot water. We've also taken the precaution of fitting two electric showers in the property in addition to the three mains fed showers and the bath. The hot tub runs completely independently of the hot water system.
Good Housekeeping Bond
Why is this required? - We don't want our guests to spend their holiday treading on eggshells, but ask you to treat our property with the care and attention it deserves. Hastings House is a 5* property which has been granted the coverted Gold Award by Visit England for going that extra mile for our guests.
In order to do this we provide some fairly extensive and often expensive facilities for you to benefit from, and because the house will be occupied generally by a large number of guests we need to ensure that we can provide all these facilities week after week after week. Therefore we need to ensure that any breakages or damage however incurred can be rectified in double quick time for new guests often arriving around 6 hours after you leave. Obviously this doesn't include covering things like genuine equipment failure or even the accidental breaking of an odd glass or cup. But breaking a window, a screen on a TV or mis-using the hot tub, your dog causing damage or children scribbling on the wall and extra cleaning over and above that normally required, would all be examples where we would need to make a claim on your bond, in order to cover additional costs required to ready the property for incoming guests.
What we ask you to do when you leave
There are three things which we insist upon
- That you empty all the waste bins in the house and put rubbish in the outside bin and remove all food from cupboards and fridge/freezer.
- That you remove all evidence inside and outside of K9 visitors. Poo bags, a pooper scooper, a shovel and a hose are all avaialble.
- That you clean the barbecue if you have used it.
We send our cleaning and set up team in after every let to thoroughly clean and set the property up for incoming guests. As we have said this is a big property to turn around, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could do some or all of the following to aide the process.
- Have a quick hoover around if you have a dog and/or children to remove hairs and sand.
- If you fill the dishwasher after breakfast please set it running, even better if you can run it and empty it before you leave.
- If you have time take the duvet cover, pillowcases, bottom sheets off all the beds and put dirty towels on the floor of the bathroom.