The cottage is one of a small number of farm buildings with original raftered ceilings, converted, furnished and equipped to a high standard. The owner's aim is that Bayside Cottage offers a homely and relaxing retreat in this beautiful location opposite Budle Bay part of the Area of Outsanding Natural Beauty and with views across to Lindisfarne Priory on Holy Island from the garden.
Offering 3 bedrooms this property is ideal for friends or small families holidaying together.
The front door opens into the inner hallway, with cloaks cupboard and all other rooms leading off.
The kitchen is accessed off the lounge and also provides dining area.
- Oven & Hob
- Good range of cookware, crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Washing machine
- Tymble drier.
- Iron & ironing board.
- Dining table and chairs
- Rear door opens onto patio area and tiered enclosed garden beyond.
- Is situated in the kitchen, a large wooden table and seating for six people
- Outside there is also furniture for alfresco dining.
The lounge is a comfortable area providing
- Carpeted flooring
- Leather seating
- Selection of books, DVDs, Games and toys.
3 bedrooms sleeping 6 people.
- the Master is a spacious super king double, with seating area and TV, ensuite bathroom (bath with shower over), backlit mirror and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom two is a twin room, seaside decor and a window seat.
- Bedroom three is flexible usually a twin but can be a super king double on request this room also has a window seat
- Shower room - large walk in shower enclosure with rain forest shower head, back lit mirror, sink and toilet with vanity unit.
- Master bedroom ensuite as above
- Wall mounted TV with Freeview in lounge
- TV in master bedroom
- X-box with Kinect
- Docking Station
- Toy box
- Small library of books, games, DVDs etc.
- Outside to the front there is parking for two cars in the communal entrance courtyard.
- To the rear is a fully enclosed garden with
- patio dining area,
- BBQ and
- a tiered grassed area from which there are views to the bay.
- Travel cot is provided (no cot linen or towel for infant)
- High chair is provided
- Welcome pack of initial supply of beverages and a sweet treat
- Bedding, Bed Linen & towels.
- Books, Videos, DVDs Games & Toys.
If you are celebrating a special occasion why not let us help. Just give the team a call and we can arrange that
- celebration cake,
- an evening meal cooked and served on the premises or
- we are happy to discuss your specific requirements
- We regret that Bayside does not accept pets.
- Whilst the property is all on one level and so may be suitable for those with limited mobility there is a kerb step to reach the house and also a small step into the main shower.
- Outside the garden is on two levels, patio and lawn.
- During the main season from June to September usually only accepts full week or fortnight bookings starting on a Saturday.
Budle Bay is a short drive from the village of Bamburgh with its iconic castle set atop a whinstone outcrop above the beach. The cottage is an easy walk to the beach via a farm track. Off road parking is provided at the property, which is ideally located to explore the surrounding Northumberland countryside and villages just a few miles distance.
Bamburgh has a range of public houses, restaurants and local village stores, small gallery, Grace Darling museum, a beautiful church which is open to the public and of course the castle.
Seahouses is the gate way to the Farne Islands - many boats leave from the little harbour to take tourists to the islands birdwatching (End of March to July to particularly see Puffins), seal watching and on specialised paelagic trips to see dolphins etc.
Inland the small market towns of Belford once a busy coaching stop on the journey to Edinburgh, and further into the Cheviots, Wooler , or Rothbury are good places to stop off if you are heading for a days walking across moorland, or hill walking.
To the South Alnwick has its castle and the glorious Alnwick Gardens are open all year round, but best viewed between May and September and the town has a number of independent retailers and supermarkets (Morrisons, Co-operative, Lidl, Aldi and Sainsbury's).
To the North is the border town of Berwick upon Tweed, steeped in history its town walls provide a good walk, the south and north shores have the old quays, where many of the older industrial buildings are being converted into modern apartments with fantastic views of the sea.
Walking & Amenities:
- Just 3 mile into the centre of Bamburgh
- Try the 6 mile beach walk to Seahouses
Amenities close by:
- Shops, butchers,
- Pubs & Restaurants,
- Petrol station in Seahouses, or Purdy Lodge at Adderstone.
- Takeaways (Italian, Indian, Chinese) in Seahouses
- Grace Darling Museum Bamburgh
Travel and Access information:
- Alnmouth for Alnwick station is approx 20 miles south - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London and Edinburgh
- Berwick upon Tweed approx 20 miles north - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London and Edinburgh
- Buses run by Arriva stop in Waren Mill and opposite the cottage entrance at Budle Kiln Point and Bamburgh itself X18 services run north and south along the coast from Berwick to Newcastle
- Newcastle International is approx 50 miles south,
- Edinburgh Airport is approx 90 miles north
- Both airports have daily internal flights from a number of UK locations, and international flights on a regular basis.
- Car hire is available from both airports.
- Bamburgh is situated on Sustrans Coast and Castles Route 1 and is a popular stopping point.
- A number of circular cycle rides can be made direct from the cottage.
Check out our Blog for information on nearby villages, events and things do do when holidaying in Northumberland.
"Lovely cottage, loved the main bedroom. Have been to many cottages and this is one of the best. Lovely location and will be back. Thanks for lovely biscuits."
Bob and co - Dec 2016
"Thank you for the delightful accommodation - lovely quality and the children have really enjoyed it (and the biscuits). Thank you for all the small touches!"
Coulton party - Dec 2016
"We have had a super weekend. The cottage was super. The standard exceeded our expectations. You have thought of everything! We shall certainly use again if in the area and our friends shall hear about it. Husband cycled and we played golf twice in Bamburgh. Brilliant!"
The Postlethwaites - Oct 2016
"We have had a wonderful time. We were very surprised at how spacious the cottage is - much bigger than it looked in the photos, and such lovely high ceilings - a bonus for Pete at 6'5"! We were also delighted with how well kitted out Bayside Cottage is - everything you could possible need is provided. The area is gorgeous and we'll definitely be returning to Northumberland, especially if the sun shines, as it has this weekend! Thank you."
The Thomsons - Sep 2016
"Thank you for a fantastic 2 weeks here at Bayside Cottage - probably one of the best holidays we've had! Wonderful cottage with everything we could wish for, we'll be very sorry to leave. Some of the best beaches in England - our favourite place (after trying a few) is reached from the (free) car park in Bamburgh. Seals and dolphins swimming in the sea, bit further out from where kids were on body boards - awesome!"
Stepan family - Aug 2016
"What a beautiful, well thought out home from home. The relaxing atmosphere meant that we had a couple of 'old-fashioned' evenings with the board games. Our days were spent exploring. Now need a rest!"
The Lambs - Jun 2016
"Perfect holiday cottage. Everything that we needed was here. Extremely comfortable. Ideal location for touring round. We all had a wonderful time. Thank you."
Cook party - May 2016
"Lovely comfortable house. Very well equipped. Great location and great beach walks. Would recommend this house to friends. Hope we'll come back some time in the future. We've had a fantastic week - the fine weather was a bonus! Many thanks."
Collins party - May 2016
"The house is perfect, the location is amazing and our week's holiday has been fantastic - we could not have asked for more. Even the weather was been kind - we will definitely be back for more. Thank you."
The smiths - Sep 2015
"Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at your beautiful cottage in such a tranquil location. Loved your rockery garden. Lucky enough to have 5 days of amazing sunshine. Hope to return one day. Would highly recommend your cottage to family and friends. Thank you."
The Fitzpatricks, Canada - Jun 2015
"A fantastic week, enjoyed by all. The cottage surpassed all expectations and is in a superb location. Thank you very much."
The Lofkins - Apr 2015
"What a fabulous cottage. I loved the interior design! The window seats are beautiful. The attention to details in terms of pans and dishwasher tablets etc is so, so helpful. I also loved the books and magazines. The girls loved the toys. We would love to come back. Best wishes and thanks."
The Hunters - Apr 2015
"What a lovely luxury cottage, pristine with beautiful decor and every facility possible. We enjoyed visiting the many interesting places in this gorgeous part of the country which is quite unspoilt and tranquil. Thank you for a great week's holiday - the welcome pack was really appreciated."
Simpson family - Mar 2015
There are currently no special offers for this property.
View our Access Statement
Children are welcome at Bayside Cottage
- Travel Cot
- High Chair
- Indoor toys in a toy-box for very young children,
- X-box (doubles as a DVD player) and X-Box games,
- books, playing cards,
- wi-fi and docking stations;
- There is a playground in Bamburgh
- Bayside is walking distance to the beach.
- There is a doctors surgery in both Belford and Seahouses
Sorry Bayside does not accept pets