Fast becoming THE thing to have in your back garden is a Shepherd's Hut - even David Cameron has just taken delivery of one to use whilst he writes his memoirs!
They are reading rooms, artists studios, play rooms, some where to gather for girls that lunch, and even office spaces.
All that said owner Vivian in Lowick has had her's hand made from scratch by her son a local builder/electrician, specially to invite paying holiday guests to use it for a few days, a week or a fortnight as a base from which to discover the beautiful Northumberland countryside.
Kitted out with a double bed, lounge area, kitchenette and even a full-size shower, toilet and washbasin, all with hot and cold running water, the Lowick Shepherd's Hut has all you need for that short break away. Situated in the village of Lowick, which has 2 pubs both serving food, a small shop and easy access to both the A1 and inland to Wooler and Cheviot Hills, it couldn't be a better location to afford you all the options for exploring the area you need. Outside the hut, the owners have provided a private seating area, and included a fire-pit for when those balmy nights turn chilly but you still want to be taking in that fantastic view.
So, whilst living for a short time in a Shepherd's Hut may to some be a little basic, we're sure that those few added home comforts will be appreciated by Vivian's guests.
Park your car as detailed in your arrival information and make you way to the rear of the property, you will see the Hut at the bottom of the garden. Up 3 wooden steps and you are in.
The Hut has a basic but well equipped kitchenette
- Belfast sink and traditional tap
- Full size gas cooker
- Microwave & cafetiere available on request from the owner
- Standard size under bench fridge with small ice box
- Wall storage shelves
- Base units and drawers topped with wooden work surfaces.
A small drop leaf dining area is provided, and outside is a small table and folding chairs which may be used inside or out.
There are two comfy armchairs on which to relax. In the corner is an electric log effect fire. This is a Shepherd's Hut and space is at a premium. It also has Wi-fi, TV & DVD.
The Hut is all one room, so at the rear of the hut is the double bed, it is well dressed with lovely linen duvet covers, cushions etc and towels are provided.
A separate shower room with full size shower, basin and wc is provided with hot and cold running water.
- With the cracking views you won't want for much more
- TV & DVD
- DAB radio
- Books and local information
- Parking for one car
- Enclosed private area at the bottom of the owners garden in what was once the old orchard, there area still a few trees remaining
- Seating in area to spend time on a balmy summer's evening enjoying the views to the coast
- Or on chillier nights light the fire pit
- Gas and electricity
- Bedding, bed linen and towels
- Welcome parcel of tea, coffee, sugar and an item of local produce
Sorry no pets or smokers are permitted at the Shepherd's Hut
Please note that there is limited storage facilities in the hut
There are currently no special offers for this property.