- £452 per week
- £65 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 4 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Harbour views
- Sea or coastal views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
A charming semi-detached old fisherman's cottage tucked away just off Craster's main harbour road.
The cottage has been carefully refurbished throughout and is now a cosy, peaceful retreat to escape to. Craster is steeped in local tradition.
Enjoy the treats of Robson's Craster Kippers, sample the local hospitality at the Jolly Fisherman Inn, watch the activity of the small harbour or follow the coastal path which leads along the shoreline towards Dunstanburgh Castle and on to Embleton's sandy beaches.
- Approach via an un-made road
- Steps down to the front entrance porch or via a winding, inclined path from the harbour
- Two steps up into the entrance hall
- Private allocated parking for 2-3 cars
Kitchen / Utility
- Bright and welcoming fitted kitchen with view over neighbouring garden
- Feature fireplace with electric fire
- Stripped wood floor
- Electric oven
- Ceramic hob
- Fridge with icebox
- Freezer is situated in the cellar store room
- Utility/Cloakroom with sink, WC and washer/dryer
- Polished dining table and 4 chairs
- Feature fireplace
- Stripped old floorboards and a view over neighbouring garden
- Double glass doors from kitchen open to the lounge
- second access from main hallway.
- Stripped wooden floorboards and ceiling beams
- Comfortable sitting for all, with views towards Craster harbour and the sea beyond
- Log burner
- Digital box
Bedrooms and Bathroom
- Double bedroom,
- chest of drawers
- exposed ceiling beams and
- windows providing views of the harbour and the sea beyond
- Twin bedroom,
- with sloping ceilings
- bedside table,
- storage drawer and
- windows giving garden views
- Twin bedroom,
- views over the gardens and towards the sea
- Family bathroom has a bath with shower over, wash hand basin and WC
- There is also a separate shower room
Lower Ground Floor Storage Room
Accessed from outside this handy storage area houses
- Central Heating boiler
- Space in cellar for bikes (available on request)
- Digital box
- Selection of reading material
- Main photo of the cottage is taken from the rear of the property
- Garden is set slightly away from the property, one of two gardens which have no dividing fencing or hedges, but are clearly marked
- Paved barbecue area with built-in brick barbecue, wooden seating and views to the sea
- Parking for 2 cars
- Bed linen and towels
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Oil central heating
- Initial supply of logs
- Incoming and payphone only
- Travel cot (no linen supplied)
- High chair
Special Notes and Conditions
Notes & Special Conditions
- Please note that the main photo of the cottage is taken from the rear of the property.
- Regret No Pets and no smoking at this property
Well equipped roomy cottage in a great location. Easy to travel north, south or inland to explore lovely Northumberland. Must say something that we keep coming back year after year!
We really enjoyed staying at the cottage. The property was of a very high standard with good fixtures and fittings, comfortabe beds and good facilities. The location was excellent for touring Northumberland. The directions were easy to follow and the parking was a real bonus. We'd love to come back in the future and would have no hesitation in recommending the cottage.
Probably the cleanest holiday property we've stayed in!
every thing was grand
Yet another wonderful stay at Hideaway Cottage, Craster. Every time we visit there has been another improvement or update. It truely feels like a home from home to us. Perfectly positioned for exploring the area. Cosy, spotlessly clean and well appointed. Can't wait to visit again.
The cottage was perfectly located within yards of the harbour at Craster, which is a lovely place just to sit and take in the views. The cottage is very well furnished with separate lounge and dining room. The garden is separate from the cottage just 30 yards or so back down the lane next to the allocated car parking spaces. From the cottage you can walk to Dunstanburgh Castle and beyond to the lovely beach near Embleton. The location is excellent for touring Nortumbria and we went as far north as Berwick and down to Morpeth. Highly recommended.
Although 'Hidden Away' from the busiest route to Dunstanburgh Castle you still have great views over Craster Harbour which is only a few metres away. The property itself is well-equipped, beautifully kept and spotlessly clean. A gem.
We much enjoyed our stay in this most comfortable cottage in charming Craster. We were blessed with wonderful weather throughout our week. The highlight was Alnwick Gardens and Castle. The welcoming bottle of wine was much appreciated.
The cottage is a good base from which to explore the North Northumberland coast and yet only a 15 minute drive into Alnwick with its Castle and Gardens.
Travel and Access information:
- Alnmouth for Alnwick station is approx 9 miles south - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Berwick upon Tweed approx 30 miles north - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Buses run by Arriva and Travelsure X15 and the X18 services run north and south along the coast from Berwick to Newcastle
- Newcastle International is approx 50 miles south,
- Edinburgh Airport is approx 88 miles north
- Both airports have daily internal flights from a number of UK locations, and international flights on a regular basis.
- Car hire is available from both airports.
- Sustrans Coast and Castles Route 1.
Check out our Blog for information on nearby villages, events and things do do when holidaying in Northumberland.