- £783 per week
- £112 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 3 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- 2 single Zip&Link beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Wet room
- Travel cot
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Harbour views
- Sea or coastal views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
- Walk-in shower
- Wet room
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Bedroom 1, super king bed which will be set as a double unless specifically requested to be a twin. Bedroom 2, twin beds unless specifically requested as super king double. As some bedrooms at this property offer flexible bed configurations (see property description) please ensure you state your preferences in the booking note field of the website booking page so that the housekeeper can prepare the property for your arrival.
Idyllic stone cottage, set in the Old Quarter of Seahouses 3 bedrooms, sleeps 6, upstairs, bathroom and downstairs cloaks. Lounge, Snug, Kitchen, Dining Room, lovely enclosed courtyard, parking for 2 cars. Well behaved children and dogs welcomed. Wi-fi. Log burner.
This lovely cottage with its Art Deco features, is within a few paces of Seahouses Harbour, yet has a lovely private outside space. Easy walk to village amenities, pubs, restaurants and shops. A great location from which to explore the area and return to a comfy home from home to plan the following days activities.
Sunny enclosed and private courtyard, with a slight nod to a french gite in its style, has patio table and chairs, borders with climbers and an area to store cycles.
Entrance / cloak room
- Enter through the rear enclosed courtyard where double door access the cottage into the double height atrium with tiled floors and wood throughout
- From this area the wooden stair case opens onto the upper mezzanine galleried landing
- Downstairs utility and cloak room with ceiling airer, storage cupboards, has WC and also houses washer/drier
- Good range of floor and wall units with ample work surface and storage
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses, etc for up to 6 people with spares
- Good range of cookware and serving ware
- Range style electric cooker set in inglenook
- American style fridge freezer
- separate under bench fridge - ideal as a drinks fridge
- Tiled floor with underfloor heating
- Washer (no drier)
- Ceiling airer
- Tiled floor
- Situated in the large entrance atrium with large dining table, upholstered bench seating and 2 head of the table chairs
- Underfloor heating
- Tiled floor
- Large room with dual aspect windows and wooden floor
- Huge book case with yards of books,
- with large flat screen TV, DVD, Hi-fi unit
- Two 3-seater sofa's and armchair
- Coffee table
- Side table
- A comfortable room with space for everyone.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Master bedroom with Super King zip and link bed (twin on request), wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside tables and blanket box.
- stripped wooden floors,
- dual aspect windows and ceiling velux windows.
- En-suite wet room, wall hung basin and toilet, travertine tiled throughout
- Large flat screen TV
- Double room with king size divan bed, with bedside tables, wooden chest, chest of drawers.
- Flat screen TV.
- dual aspect windows and
- velux ceiling window.
- Built in cupboard/wardrobe.
- En-suite shower room, large shower, WC, built in basin and storage unit.
- Twin room,chest of drawers, bedside tables.
- built in cupboard/wardrobe
- dual aspect windows and
- ceiling velux.
- Flat screen TV
- Family bathroom - 1400mm bath, separate shower, toilet and wash hand basin
- Smaller lounge with wooden floor
- Large TV
- Log burning stove
- 3 seater settee and 2 armchairs
- Coffee table
- Large flat screen TVs in lounge and snug
- Hi-fi unit
- Huge library of books
- Enclosed, private, flagged courtyard, with a slight nod to a french gite in its style
- Patio table and chairs
- Borders with climbers
- Storage area for cycles
- Log store
- Parking for 2 cars
- Walking distance to pubs, local amenities, restaurants and beach
What's included at Bega's Bead
- All bedding (non-allergenic duvets and pillows), bed linen and towels
- Central heating throughout (underfloor to some downstairs rooms)
- Electricity included
- Oil included
- Initial supply of logs and kindling for the log burner (October-Easter)
- Travel cot, high chair and stair-gate (no linen supplied for the cot) , please request on booking
- Eco-friendly kitchen essentials
- Welcome pack of tea, coffee, sugar milk and a sweet treat
- K9 welcome pack - towel, biscuits, chew and poo bags
- Ocean Club Membership (Charges apply)
What can be arranged.
Charges will normally apply:
- Well behaved dogs welcome (2 or 3 depending on size, please ask) £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate medium
- Dog crate large
- Beach towels
Facilities for Children @ Bega's Bead
- Travel cot - standard TC mattress, no cot linen or infant towel supplied
- Wooden high chair - converts to seat & table for toddler
- Wooden stair gate - x 2 for top and bottom of stairs
Bringing your dog on holiday
Bega's Bead welcomes well behaved dogs (up to 2) @ £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
The following items are available to hire if you are bringing your K9 friend:
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate medium
- Dog crate large
Special Notes and Conditions
Notes & conditions
- Dogs are welcome at £25.00 per pet per week or part thereof. (2/3 depending on size please check). Dogs must not be left in the property unattended at any time.
- There is no on-street parking outside of the property - 2 off road space are provided large enough for an 2 average family saloons.
- Short breaks are accepted usually Friday to Monday, Monday to Friday outside of peak season
- Start days can be flexible at times subject to availability.
Brilliant property. 4 adults and 1 dog went. There is 1 superking room (or 2 singles) with en-suite wet room, 1 double room with en-suite shower room and a children's room with 2 slightly smaller beds serviced by the next door house bathroom. There's also a downstairs loo, so you should never get caught short! Milk was left in the fridge for us, and there was a little welcome pack for our dog, with a few treats, a roll of poo bags and a doggie towel. Everything is thought of here, and there's a fantastic range of books you can read during your stay - I can recommend the Agatha Christie's. Off road parking for 2 larger cars is a bonus, and you can't get much closer to the harbour! Swallow Fish round the corner is a must for breakfast kippers and the takeaways in town are good. Our third time here and hopefully not our last.
We booked this cottage for a holiday sharing with two other couples. Booking and pre arrival information was excellent. The house worked well with three bedrooms and three bathrooms though the twin room is arranged more for children sharing than adults. The house was really well equipped with everything needed to cook good meals, nice glasses etc. The central location was excellent and easy walking distance to the Main Street and a just few metres to two pubs!
The cottage was perfect. Well stocked. Clean and very pretty to look at. Everything has been thought of. Welcome packs for the dogs wee provided as well as towels. Bed rooms and bathrooms were clean and well thought out Location is excellent. Well worth a look at the harbour. Pretty much perfect. I have no negative comment ms to make. I would return in a heartbeat
First time in Northumberland and we loved it! Begas Bead was a lovely comfortable place to stay with everything you needed. It was in a great location, a few steps to the harbour and Seahouses had something for everyone. We would also recommend the Italian restaurant. We had a very enjoyable week with plenty to do and see.
My family plus dog had a wonderful week at Bega's Bead. The location was perfect and the house delightful. We had some wonderful walks on the beach and fabulous days out at Cragside House, Alnwick, Berwick and Lindisfane. Thank you for a lovely holiday.
Without question the best spacious and well equipped property we have ever stayed at. Two comfortable sitting areas, one with very efficient log burner. Ideally located for access to the harbour and centre of Seahouses. Off street car parking for two cars.
Had a fantastic holiday in this cottage. It is well equipped and well presented. Large, en-suite bedrooms, two living rooms and parking for two cars make it ideal for a family holiday, with the added bonus of being dog friendly. Ideally located close to harbour and shops. We won't hesitate to visit here again.
Bega's Bead is an L-shaped property which I guess was originally two cottages, but I can't be certain of that. It's conveniently located close to the centre of Seahouses giving easy access the beaches, harbour, restaurants and pubs. I liked the fact that it had off-road parking, and although we only had one car, it might just be possible to squeeze two in end-to-end in the parking spot. The property itself was clean and comfortable, lots of books to read. If I had any criticism, it would be that the hallway smelled a bit damp, although we didn't really notice when the door was closed, and my wife, who is a bit short to be fair (5'2") found the work surfaces in the kitchen a bit high. Myself being a tad over 6 feet didn't notice, although I did bang my head on the stone plinth over the cooker a couple of times, and it was a stretch for me to reach the back two rings on the hob. All in all, we enjoyed our stay at Bega's Bead and would recommend it .
Lovely house in brilliant location. Easy to book and pay for. Local shops and restaurants within very short walking distance and plenty of things to do in the area. Very pleased with the whole experience.
It was a fantastic holiday with everything you could need.Very comfortable with a homely feel to it in a great location. Beautiful beaches close by as well as all the necessary shops
Thanks so much for a wonderful stay in magical Seahouses. This property is clean,spacious,very well stocked with comfortable beds and squishy sofas to flip down on after long walks on the fabulous nearby beaches. Perfect location- minutes walk to the Harbour and centre of village. Only have one teeny nitpick,sorry, but with the glorious weather we sat outside a LOT and the courtyard had quite a few weeds! Generally needed a tidy up.Just saying.Other than that everything 10 out of 10.
Really impressed with Bega's Bead-extremely homely, well equipped and spacious with 2 lounges and 3 large bedrooms, 2 ensuite (5 adults and a baby staying). We cooked, barbequed and dined on fish and chips-all lovely in open plan central dining space and small courtyard (afternoon sun). Great time had by all-perfectly located for a wealth of attractions-round the corner from main street and shops, good pub (old ship), farne islands, ice cream, beach, mini golf etc.etc! Easy hop to bird sanctuaries, Lindisfarne, alnwick, bamburgh. Stayed over bank holiday/half term -some noise around closing time but really nothing troublesome-good sleep enjoyed by all and a very worthwhile trade off for super location. Thanks for a memorable family holiday!
Stayed at this cottage before and loved it. Now even better with ensuite bedrooms. The cottage is clean, comfortable and well kitted out. Location in Seahouses' fishermen's cottages area is great. K9 welcome pack was also much appreciated. Will be returning next year.
A fanstatic location in a superb cottage, everything you need is provided
We had a fantastic stay at Bega's Bead. The cottage was just perfect and we loved the location. Seahouses is a great spot surrounded by good beaches and we had a brilliant time exploring Alnwick and the castle, Barter Books, Bamborough Castle and the local pubs and chippys! Northumberland is such a beautiful county and we will definitely be back, hopefully to Bega's Bead! Thanks for a lovely holiday. Highly recommended.
Had a thoroughly lovely trip as always. Begas bead is a fabulous property in terms of location, minutes from all local ammenities. The accommodation is comfortable and really well equiped, however the layout for us was a little awkward, with the snug going unused (sadly that is where the log burner is) and the under floor heating being a little bit of a pain to regulate-going from either boiling to freezing! Whilst the atrium is a lovely feature it makes the property a little noisy and also you step straight in from the front door so if you have muddy boots etc you are trailing it through the ‘dining area’ to get to the ‘boot store’ not very practical when there are alot of muddy boots! Loved the Ocean Club membership, a lovely addition that was well utilised!
Begas bead is a lovely property in the old part of Seahouses, well presented with off road parking for two vehicles. Close to all amenities, including shops, pubs ,harbour, beach etc A great place for a relaxing break , and an ideal base to explore the lovely places Northumbria has to offer So good in fact, that we've already booked our third stay for next year !
Very unique property beautifully presented esp. upstairs. Great location. Perfect for us as our 3 little dogs allowed which we usually struggle to find. They loved it. Local pubs are great too. Great information provided saving need to do any research..would defo book again !
From the property:
Walking & Amenities:
- Just short walk the centre of Seahouses on foot, and 3 miles to Bamburgh along the beach
- Easy access to Seahouses and all its amenities, from the busy harbour where seating is provided so you can while away the hours watching the toings and froings of harbour life, or stretch your legs on the beautiful beaches which run North and South and are ideal for leisurely walks, or
- Try the 6 mile return beach walk to Bamburgh, or
- 14 mile return journey to Newton by the Sea (great pub awaits for the mid walk break).
Amenities close by:
- Shops, butchers, bakers (no candlestick maker tho),
- Pubs & Restaurants,
- Petrol station,
- Takeaways (Italian, Indian, Chinese)
- Harbour where you can leave on excursions to visit the Farne Islands, to see Puffins (May to July), Grey Seals and many other species of birds. The area is popular with birdwatchers and photographers.
- Grace Darling Museum Bamburgh
A short drive:
- Bamburgh Castle (2.5 miles north) sits atop rocky outcrop overlooking the beach,
- 15 miles south Alnwick Castle and Garden a popular spot for those with green fingers, and Harry Potter fans (the castle was Hogwarts and the site of the quiddich pitch in the 1st two films
Travel and Access information:
- Alnmouth for Alnwick station is approx 15 miles south - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Berwick upon Tweed approx 25 miles north - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Buses run by Arriva and Travelsure stop in Seahouses itself the X15 and the X18 services run north and south along the coast from Berwick to Newcastle
- Newcastle International is approx 50 miles south,
- Edinburgh Airport is approx 90 miles north
- Both airports have daily internal flights from a number of UK locations, and international flights on a regular basis.
- Car hire is available from both airports.
- Seahouses is situated on Sustrans Coast and Castles Route 1 and is a popular stopping point.
Check out our Blog for information on nearby villages, events and things do do when holidaying in Northumberland.