- £915 per week
- £131 per night
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 3 double beds
- 2 single beds
- 2 bunk beds
- Washing machine
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Sea or coastal views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
As close to the image of a seaside holiday home as you'll get?
Certainly a well loved holiday house, with amazing coastal and nautical memorabilia a welcoming house that's somewhere you're not afraid to kick off your shoes and relax. The owners have chosen cosy furnishings, quality bed linen and towels, toiletries, and an arrival tray to provide guests at Seacot a warm welcome.
Well equipped and functional, Seacot has that all important feature - direct access from its enclosed gated garden to one of the best beaches Northumberland has to offer.
Beadnell and its sweeping bay, is popular with families and water sports enthusiasts alike, with its own boat launch, sailing club and is popular with kite surfers and divers. The beach is wide and sandy, great to play with the kids, walk the dog or do a bit of bird watching at the Trust Sanctuary.
Seacot is an ideal base from which to explore the further attributes of Northumberland, the tranquillity of the inland stretches of fells and moors which are ideal for walking - The Cheviots, St. Oswalds Way, St. Cuthbert's Way and Hadrian's Wall; the history captured in the county's large number of Castles and the roots of Christianity on Lindisfarne. Do a spot of bird watching or take a trip to the Farne Islands famous for its seals and puffins........or just relax, unwind and enjoy......
- The cottage is nestled down amongst the dunes in the popular area known as The Wamses
- Enter directly into the kitchen dining area
- Off street parking at the front for 2 cars
- Kitchen dining area
- Large American style fridge freezer
- Washing machine
- Well equipped for cooking and dining
- Ample quantity of crockery, cutlery, glasses, pots and pans
- Step up into lounge
- Kitchen dining area
- Table seating 10 people
- Traditional family style dining facility - bench seating round the table with cushions and stools
- Comfy sofa's and window seating
- Coffee table
- Wall-hung Freeview TV
- Log burning stove
- Access to rear garden through double doors
- Open plan staircase to upstairs
- Step down into kitchen
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
Hallway from lounge to:
- 3 bedrooms - 1 twin side facing, 1 double front facing, 1 bunk room front facing
- Family bathroom with bath with shower over, wc and whb
- 1 very large double bedroom with double door access to balcony with views across dunes
- 1 double room - 5' double bed
- Family bathroom, bath with separate shower, whb and wc
- Freeview TV
- Games, Books & Magazines, DVD's
- Fully rear enclosed garden
- Patio area with elevated grassed area
- Gated access to the dunes and Beadnell Bay beyond
- From the upstairs balcony there are views across the dunes to the beach
- Substantial wooden garden furniture
- Charcoal barbecue
- Off street parking at front for 2 cars
What's Included at Seacot
- Bedding (duvets per bed & 2 pillows per person)
- Bed linen
- Towels (hand & bath sheet per person, plus bathroom hand towels)
- Kitchen towel
- Oven glove
- Initial supply of logs, kindling & matches for log burner October-Easter
- Electric heating (not night storage)
- Welcome pack - tea, coffee, sugar
- Cot (no cot linen provided), High chair, Stairgate
- Dog crate
- Outside garden furniture
- Picnic hampers
- Picnic-ware including flasks and out door "crockery & cutlery"
- Games, Books & Magazines, DVD's
- Loads of Beach gear
- Ocean Club Membership (charges apply)
Seacot is a great family house with 5 bedrooms and 2 shower rooms, the owner provides good facilities for children
- Travel Cot
- High Chair
- Kiddie cutlery & crockery
- Books, games, buckets & spades
- Enclosed garden partly lawned with access to the dunes and beach (note there are some steps)
Bringing Your Dog on Holiday to Seacot
Seacot welcomes well behaved dogs (up to 2) @ £25 per dog per week or part thereof. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
K9 Welcome pack if you are bringing your dog - selection of biscuits, chews, a few poo bags
The owner provides one medium size dog crate free of charge (please arrange for this on booking), additional crates/sizes can be hired.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
The following can be hired -
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate medium
- Dog crate large
Special Notes & Conditions
Notes and Conditions:
Well behaved dogs welcome £25 per dog per stay.
Had a lovely time. We were met by Christopher who was lovely he had put the lights on and fire was lit when we got there which made it very welcoming and warm. Very nice house and in a lovely situation by the sea great for the grandchilren. Our second visit to this house but with the previous owners. It was just as we had remembered 6 years ago. Thank you for all your help.we will be back again.
Seacot is a perfect base for exploring the Northumbria Coast for a larger group. Being the first time 3 generations were together for a holiday, a large comfortable house was just what we needed and Seacot was ideal for this. Very clean and with all the added extras (including buckets and spades) which were needed
We had a wonderful stay in Northumberland, Beadnell was the perfect base to explore the coastline. The house was well equipped and beautifully situated, it suited our larger party well. We really had a wonderful, relaxed stay for my Dad’s 60th. Our only hesitation on booking again was the house wasn’t overly clean - we had to clean baths before use and the kitchen was quite grubby, lots of plates/cutlery had been put back dirty. It didn’t ruin our stay, and a quick clean easily sorted it but if you pay to stay somewhere you expect high levels of cleanilness. There also wasn’t any option for recycling which was a bit disappointing - just one big waste bin.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and found the house to be very clean and comfortable and in an excellent location.
This house is nothing special from the outside, but inside it is a super holiday home! The kitchen is well equipped and plenty big enough. The lounge area is lovely and light and spacious. The 5 bedrooms are all a good size and the bathrooms were beautiful. The garden leads directly onto the sand dunes and the beautiful Beadnell beach which we love. It is a super house, cosy and comfortable and well equipped for families. We ate at The Craster Arms in the village, which is nice and welcoming. The Ship Inn at Lower Newton is absolutely lovely but make sure you book if you want to eat there. Grannies coffee shop in Alnwick is delightful with amazing cake.