- £608 per week
- £87 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 4 single Zip&Link beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Travel cot
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Enclosed garden
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Rural location
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 7:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
- height restriction on car port (no cars with top boxes, or vans) but other parking can be arranged.
- The owner would love to provide your dog with a personalised welcome. If you are bringing pets with you please let us know your dog's name, breed and age.
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
- As some bedrooms at this property offer flexible bed configurations (see property description) please ensure you state your preferences in the booking note field of the website booking page so that the housekeeper can prepare the property for your arrival.
The Cartshed @ Westfield is located on the edge of North Sunderland, in a tranquil setting between Seahouses and Bamburgh, the cottage is only about half a mile walk from Seahouses beach or a 15-20 minute walk or short drive from the centre of Seahouses village. Its location is close enough to enjoy all the village amenities - shops, restaurants, pubs and the harbour with trips to the Farne Islands, yet provides a peaceful retreat at the end of the day.
Originally the open-sided stone built shed where farmers have kept their carts and farm machinery since the 1830's, now fully refurbished and extended, The Cartshed offers luxury accommodation in a very traditional style - no boutique furniture, geometric designs or psychedelic colour schemes here. We offer an open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area with vaulted ceilings and beams, a huge gable window with double doors leads onto the south-facing enclosed walled patio courtyard. Stone flag floors, and traditional rustic furnishings offer a warm welcome, along with every modern convenience tucked away behind the traditional kitchen units. Two lovely bedrooms offer sleeping for 4, one room is ensuite with shower and the bed can be made up as a super king double or a twin, the other is a king size, with use of the family bathroom via Jack 'n Jill bedroom door, bath with shower over. Water heating is solar powered, heating is underfloor and we have a traditional wood burning stove for cosy winter breaks. Two off-road parking spaces are offered.
From the Car port enter the property into the stone flagged entrance hall which leads to all other rooms.
- Good range of floor and wall units with ample work surface and storage
- A mix of granite and solid wood worksurfaces.
- Electric range oven with ceramic hob
- Good range of quality pans and cookware
- Excellent range of Crockery, cutlery, glasses etc for up to 6 persons, allowing for day guests
- Nespresso Pixie machine
- Dishwasher (8 place setting)
- Thermos flask, picnicware and coolbox
The Cartshed has an open plan living area which includes a dedicated dining space with drop leaf table and 4 dining chairs.
Lounge & Living area
The Cartshed has an open plan living area, which incorporates
- Lovely spacious lounge area with beamed ceiling and wrought iron ceiling lights
- Stone flag floors throughout.
- Rustic leather sofas,
- Coffee table,
- Log burning stove,
- Wall mounted LG Smart TV
- Traditional pine furniture.
- Four velux roof lights provide excellent light
- Glass gable end window has double door access to lovely suntrap courtyard (gated) with barbecue and table & chairs for alfresco dining and relaxation.
- 1 Kingsize bedroom. Jack 'n' Jill access to family bathroom. Bright airy room with window to front of property.
- 1 Superking size/twin room with ensuite shower-room bright airy room with window to front of property with velux roof window to rear.
- Family bathroom - bath with shower over, WC and WHB. As beds are zip and link, please specify whether you would like the beds to be a double or twin at the time of booking.
- 40 inch wall mounted flat screen TV in lounge
- Both bedrooms have wall mounted flat screen TVs
- DVD player
- Ipod Dock
Double door access from living area to lovely suntrap courtyard (gated) with barbecue and table & chairs for alfresco dining and relaxation.
What's Included for your Stay @ the Cartshed
- Bedding (duvets per bed & 2 pillows per person)
- Bed linen
- Towels (hand & bath sheet per person, plus bathroom hand towels)
- kitchen towel
- Oven glove
- Wall mounted 40"+ TV with Freeview Channels & DVD in lounge
- Each bedroom has wall mounted TV with Freeview.
- Underfloor heating
- Solar hot water
- October-March initial supply of logs, kindling & matches.
- Welcome pack: tea, coffee (ground + intro Nespresso pod selection) sugar, milk and a sweet treat.
- K9 welcome pack if you have booked your dog
- Parking for up to 2 cars in covered car port (max height 70")
What can be arranged for your Stay @ the Cartshed
Some charges may apply
- Well behaved dogs welcome (up to 2) @ £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof
- Travel Cot (please provide your own cot linen and towels (with standard thin travel cot mattress)
- High Chair
- Plastic dog Bed
- Dog Duvet -
- Dog cage - medium or large first served basis.
Facilities for Children
- The Cartshed has limited facilities for young children
- The floors are all stone flagged
- A travel cot and high chair can be hired
- There are plenty of indoor games supplied
Bringing Your Dog on Holiday
The Cartshed welcomes well behaved dogs. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
- This owner provides a K9 welcome pack - dog bowl (water & food), floor mat, dog towel
The following can be hired -
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate medium
- Dog crate large
Special Notes & Conditions
- Beds are zip and link so please specify at the time of booking how you would like the beds to be made up.
- Low Occupancy Discount - 1 bedroom option for 2 persons; 1st November-Easter excluding Christmas, New Year and school holidays.
- Well behaved dogs welcome (up to 2) @ £25.00 each per week or part thereof.
- This is a no smoking and no vaping property.
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
I have stayed at the Cartshed a number of times and I am booked to return for New Year 2020. The property is fabulous and the extra touches provided by the owner are much appreciated.
Very clean, comfortable cottage with lovely welcoming Xmas pack , even my dogs got one!
Very well presented, clean and tidy. The kitchen utensils and crockery are of a very high standard.
Used Google for directions rather than any provided but it's good that it's searchable on Google maps. Loved the property, thought it was well considered and very well stocked, particularly the kitchen. We came in high season and would probably return at a quieter time of year but we decided to splurge for our first family holiday
I’ve lost track the number of times we have stayed at The Old Cartshed over the last four years! We absolutely love it as do the Beagles it’s as much a doggy holiday for them. This was our first full week and we had such a relaxing time. The weather was mixed but we had 5 fairly good days! The Cartshed is very peaceful, homely and relaxing with super comfy beds. The kitchen is very well equipped. Close by( short car drive) you have plenty of amenities in Seahouses including a large Co-Op. Highly recommend it!
Amazing love this place feels like home from home. This was our 4th visit carnt wait until our next stay. The only reason we put good for comfort is because the bed and pillows are too hard for us but hay this is been picky and as I have pointed out we have already booked our 5th visit. I would highly recommend the cart shed to anyone an we do. Thank you for our amazing stay
This has been the best equipped and comfortable cottage we have stayed in, in the 4 years we have been staying in Northumbria, great doggie gift bag and bowels and towels supplied for dogs, only little downside is the small courtyard for the dogs but the beautiful beach is close by.
13th stay at the Cartshed, pretty much says it all. We really enjoy the peace, tanquillity and location. We are close to where we like to be with very short car journeys to spread our wings a bit further. If we want a lazy day, the Cartshed has all the amenities we want. The small, enclosed and gated back yard, means our new dog, Logan, can wander in and out safely, and as this appears to face southerly, it is bit of a suntrap for us to sit out. This place suits us down to the ground.
This was our first stay at The Old Cart Shed and we weren't disappointed. The property was just perfect - everything had been thought of, from the provision of dishwasher and laundry tablets to the toiletries in the bathrooms and lots of towels. The property was warm when we arrived on a cold February afternoon and although there was a small log burning stove we only used it once as we just didn't need it. Notwithstanding, there was a massive basket of logs and some kindling if we had. The location was perfect. The property isn't in the middle of nowhere and it isn't quite clear from the photographs but there are properties to each side and opposite. However, the Cart Shed isn't overlooked or attached so it was perfectly quiet save for the odd car on the road outside. There was ample parking for two cars and bins right next to the parking area. All the lights outside worked and there were very detailed descriptions of how everything worked in a folder inside the property. From reading the visitors book it is clear that lots of people return here year after year and I can see why. Marvellous!
Walking & Amenities:
- Just a mile into the centre of Seahouses on foot, and 2.5 to Bamburgh,
- Easy access to Seahouses and all its amenities, from the busy harbour where seating is provided so you can while away the hours watching the toings and froings of harbour life, or stretch your legs on the beautiful beaches which run North and South and are ideal for leisurely walks, or
- Try the 6 mile return beach walk to Bamburgh, or
- the 14 mile return journey to Newton by the Sea (great pub awaits for the mid walk break).
- Shops, butchers, bakers (no candlestick maker tho),
- Pubs & Restaurants,
- Petrol station,
- Takeaways (Italian, Indian, Chinese)
- Harbour where you can leave on excursions to visit the Farne Islands, to see Puffins (May to July), Grey Seals and many other species of birds. The area is popular with birdwatchers and photographers.
- Grace Darling Museum Bamburgh
- Bamburgh Castle (2.5 miles north) sits atop rocky outcrop overlooking the beach,
- 15 miles south Alnwick Castle and Garden a popular spot for those with green fingers, and Harry Potter fans (the castle was Hogwarts and the site of the quiddich pitch in the 1st two films
Travel and Access information:
- Alnmouth for Alnwick station is approx 15 miles south - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Berwick upon Tweed approx 25 miles north - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Buses run by Arriva and Travelsure stop in Seahouses itself the X15 and the X18 services run north and south along the coast from Berwick to Newcastle
- Newcastle International is approx 50 miles south,
- Edinburgh Airport is approx 90 miles north
- Both airports have daily internal flights from a number of UK locations, and international flights on a regular basis.
- Car hire is available from both airports.
- Seahouses is situated on Sustrans Coast and Castles Route 1 and is a popular stopping point.
Check out our Blog for information on nearby villages, events and things do do when holidaying in Northumberland.