- £491 per week
- £70 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Pets
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private Parking
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 4 single Zip&Link beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Travel cot
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Enclosed garden
- Outdoor storage
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
- height restriction on car port (no cars with top boxes, or vans) but other parking can be arranged.
- As some bedrooms at this property offer flexible bed configurations (see property description) please ensure you state your preferences in the booking note field of the website booking page so that the housekeeper can prepare the property for your arrival.
- Please provide your car registration number in the booking notes field on the website booking page.
A recent conversion of The Old Cartshed here at Stay Northumbria HQ. Located on the edge of North Sunderland, in a tranquil setting between Seahouses and Bamburgh, the cottage is only about half a mile walk from Seahouses beach or a 15-20 minute walk or short drive from the centre of Seahouses village. Its location is close enough to enjoy all the village amenities - shops, restaurants, pubs and the harbour with trips to the Farne Islands, yet provides a peaceful retreat at the end of the day.
Originally the open-sided stone built shed where farmers have kept their carts and farm machinery since the 1830's, now fully refurbished and extended, The Cartshed offers luxury accommodation in a very traditional style - no boutique furniture, geometric designs or psychedelic colour schemes here. We offer an open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area with vaulted ceilings and beams, a huge gable window with double doors leads onto the south-facing enclosed walled patio courtyard. Stone flag floors, and traditional rustic furnishings offer a warm welcome, along with every modern convenience tucked away behind the traditional kitchen units. Two lovely bedrooms offer sleeping for 4, one room is ensuite with shower and the bed can be made up as a super king double or a twin, the other is a king size double or twin, with use of the family bathroom via Jack 'n Jill bedroom door, bath with shower over. Water heating is solar powered, heating is underfloor and we have a traditional wood burning stove for cosy winter breaks. Two off-road parking spaces are offered.
From the Car port enter the property into the stone flagged entrance hall which leads to all other rooms.
- Good range of floor and wall units with ample work surface and storage
- A mix of granite and solid wood worksurfaces.
- Electric range oven with ceramic hob
- Good range of quality pans and cookware
- Excellent range of Crockery, cutlery, glasses etc for up to 6 persons, allowing for day guests
- Nespresso Pixie machine
- Dishwasher (8 place setting)
- Thermos flask, picnicware and coolbox
The Cartshed has an open plan living area which includes a dedicated dining space with drop leaf table and 4 dining chairs.
Lounge & Living area
The Cartshed has an open plan living area, which incorporates
- Lovely spacious lounge area with beamed ceiling and wrought iron ceiling lights
- Stone flag floors throughout.
- Rustic leather sofas,
- Coffee table,
- Log burning stove,
- Wall mounted TV, &
- Traditional pine furniture.
- Four velux roof lights provide excellent light
- Glass gable end window has double door access to lovely suntrap courtyard (gated) with barbecue and table & chairs for alfresco dining and relaxation.
- 1 Kingsize bedroom, will be made as kingsize but can be made up as twins on request. Jack 'n' Jill access to family bathroom. Bright airy room with window to front of property.
- 1 Superking size/twin room with ensuite shower-room bright airy room with window to front of property with velux roof window to rear.
- Family bathroom - bath with shower over, WC and WHB.
- 40 inch wall mounted flat screen TV in lounge
- Both bedrooms have wall mounted flat screen TVs
- DVD player
- Ipod Dock
- Internet Access is via a wireless mobile phone network. There is a fair usage policy in operation, so if you are likely to be using a lot of download please contact us to make special provision for this.
Double door access from living area to lovely suntrap courtyard (gated) with barbecue and table & chairs for alfresco dining and relaxation.
What's Included for your Stay @ the Cartshed
- Bedding (duvets per bed & 2 pillows per person)
- Bed linen
- Towels (hand & bath sheet per person, plus bathroom hand towels)
- kitchen towel
- Oven glove
- Wall mounted 40"+ TV with Freeview Channels & DVD in lounge
- Each bedroom has wall mounted TV with Freeview.
- Underfloor heating
- Solar hot water
- October-March initial supply of logs, kindling & matches.
- Welcome pack: tea, coffee (ground + intro Nespresso pod selection) sugar, milk and a sweet treat.
- K9 welcome pack if you have booked your dog
- Internet access - via a wireless mobile phone network. There is a fair usage policy in operation, so if you are likely to be using a lot of download please contact us to make special provision for this.
- Parking for up to 2 cars in covered car port (max height 70")
What can be arranged for your Stay @ the Cartshed
some charges may apply
- Well behaved dogs welcome (up to 2) @ £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof
- Travel Cot (please provide your own cot linen and towels (with standard thin travel cot mattress)
- High Chair
- Plastic dog Bed
- Dog Duvet -
- Dog cage - medium or large first served basis.
- Grocery shopping or pet food shopping can be undertaken - charges apply.
Facilities for Children
- The Cartshed has limited facilties for young children
- The floors are all stone flagged
- A travel cot and high chair can be hired
- There are plenty of indoor games supplied
Bringing Your Dog on Holiday
The Cartshed welcomes well behaved dogs. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
A bit of K9 ettiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired - see what can be arranged on the main description tab)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
- This owner provides a K9 welcome pack - dog bowl (water & food), floor mat, dog towel
The following can be hired - see charges under Availability > Options and Extras
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate medium
- Dog crate large
Special Notes & Conditions
• Bedrooms will be made up as doubles unless specifically requested.
• Low Occupancy Discount - 1 bedroom option for 2 persons; 1st November-Easter excluding Christmas, New Year and school holidays.
• Well behaved dogs welcome (up to 2) @ £25.00 each per week or part thereof.
Walking & Amenities:
- Just a mile into the centre of Seahouses on foot, and 2.5 to Bamburgh,
- Easy access to Seahouses and all its amenities, from the busy harbour where seating is provided so you can while away the hours watching the toings and froings of harbour life, or stretch your legs on the beautiful beaches which run North and South and are ideal for leisurely walks, or
- Try the 6 mile return beach walk to Bamburgh, or
- the 14 mile return journey to Newton by the Sea (great pub awaits for the mid walk break).
- Shops, butchers, bakers (no candlestick maker tho),
- Pubs & Restaurants,
- Petrol station,
- Takeaways (Italian, Indian, Chinese)
- Harbour where you can leave on excursions to visit the Farne Islands, to see Puffins (May to July), Grey Seals and many other species of birds. The area is popular with birdwatchers and photographers.
- Grace Darling Museum Bamburgh
- Bamburgh Castle (2.5 miles north) sits atop rocky outcrop overlooking the beach,
- 15 miles south Alnwick Castle and Garden a popular spot for those with green fingers, and Harry Potter fans (the castle was Hogwarts and the site of the quiddich pitch in the 1st two films
Travel and Access information:
- Alnmouth for Alnwick station is approx 15 miles south - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Berwick upon Tweed approx 25 miles north - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Buses run by Arriva and Travelsure stop in Seahouses itself the X15 and the X18 services run north and south along the coast from Berwick to Newcastle
- Newcastle International is approx 50 miles south,
- Edinburgh Airport is approx 90 miles north
- Both airports have daily internal flights from a number of UK locations, and international flights on a regular basis.
- Car hire is available from both airports.
- Seahouses is situated on Sustrans Coast and Castles Route 1 and is a popular stopping point.
Check out our Blog for information on nearby villages, events and things do do when holidaying in Northumberland.