- £573 per week
- £82 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 4 single Zip&Link beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Sea or coastal views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Private parking
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
- As some bedrooms at this property offer flexible bed configurations (see property description) please ensure you state your preferences in the booking note field of the website booking page so that the housekeeper can prepare the property for your arrival.
Beadnell House, previously a hotel, has been tastefully converted into five exclusive apartments.The Penthouse, as you would expect, has been created from the top floor ex-servants' quarters and the hitherto unused attic space. It sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms and has 2 designated car parking spaces within the grounds, is centrally heated and exudes the qualities of this beautiful building. This holiday apartment can be rented individually, or a group of up to 8 can be accommodated in this and Taylors on the 1st Floor below.
Just a few minutes' walk from The Penthouse takes you to Beadnell's sandy beach and delightful harbour with sandy bay and rocky coves beyond. There is a coastal footpath linking Beadnell with Alnmouth and the beautiful Heritage Coastline to the south or Seahouses and Bamburgh to the north. Beadnell, popular with divers exploring the off shore wrecks, walkers and beach strollers, has a relaxed atmosphere with village shop, and choice of pubs offering bar and restaurant meals.
Excellent golf courses are within easy reach with Seahouses, Dunstanburgh and Bamburgh being notable local links courses. Or take a memorable boat trip from Seahouses Harbour to see the National Trust's Farne Islands. Land on Inner Farne, spot the local seal population and imagine Grace Darling's heroic adventures. The village makes an ideal centre for a family coastal holiday!
- The Penthouse has been created from the top floor ex-servants' quarters and the hitherto unused attic space
- Enter through the building's main front door & up the main staircase
- The Penthouse has it's own front door at 1st floor level
- Up a further 2 flights of stairs to bedrooms and family bathroom
- Then up a further flight of stairs to open plan living, dining and kitchen area
- 2 designated car parking spaces within the grounds
- Spacious modern kitchen with bespoke cabinets with island unit
- Granite work surfaces
- American fridge/freezer
- Ceramic hob
- Electric double oven
- Large modern dining table and 8 chairs
- 2nd less formal dining area on Mezzanine overlooking the balcony
- Fantastic lounge (37' long)
- Engineered oak flooring
- Modern leather sofas
- Freeview TV
- Mezzanine "snug", leading to balcony with extensive views of Cheviots, Bamburgh Castle and The Farne Islands
- Grown up living - young children by arrangement
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- 2 large bedrooms, both Super king doubles or twins
- 1 ensuite shower room
- 1 family bathroom, separate bath and shower
- Freeview TV
- Extensive selection of books and CD's
- Balcony with extensive views of Cheviots, Bamburgh Castle and The Farne Islands
- 2 designated car parking spaces within the grounds
What's Included @ Penthouse
- Bedding (duvets per bed & 2 pillows per person)
- Bed linen
- Towels (hand & bath sheet per person, plus bathroom hand towels)
- kitchen towel
- Oven glove
- LPG central heating to radiators
- Hot water
- Welcome pack: tea, coffee, sugar, milk and sweet treat.
- Toiletries: toilet rolls, soap, shower gel & shampoo - all eco friendly
- Cleaning materials: washing up liquid, multi-surface cleaner and cleaning cloths (products eco-friendly)
- Initial supply of bin bags & pedal bin liners
- Designated parking for to 2 cars
What can be arranged @ Penthouse
- What can be arranged - Charges apply see options & extras
- Travel cot
- High chair
- In-house catering can be arranged through Poachers Produce for ready meal pricing, or quote
- Whilst the Penthouse welcomes children there are no special facilities provided for them.
- A cot and a high chair can be hired from Stay Northumbria.
Bringing Your Dog on Holiday
Sorry pets are not permitted at Penthouse
Special Notes and Conditions
Special Notes and Conditions.
- There are no special facilities as standard in the property for children, but cot and high chair can be hired.
- Sorry, dogs not allowed.
Had an excellent stay at Beadnell House. Well equipped apartment, pub in walking distance and near the beach
I would highly recommend this property, utterly great holiday! Lovely location close to the beach and also in between Seahouses/ Bamburgh and Craster. Decor of the property and the vast space made this a most memorable holiday.
The Penthouse was perfect for our recent stay in Beadnell, being in the centre of the village, so close to pub and shop, but within walking distance of the beach and Seahouses. We are regular visitors to Beadnell, having had a caravan here for years - and have stayed in a few properties in the village, from smaller ones for two to larger ones for the whole family. The Penthouse was very spacious and luxurious, it was a treat to stay there. It seemed to have everything (maybe apart from a pizza cutter!). The weather was lovely during our week here and we especially enjoyed the balcony at night, just gazing at the stars.
The quality of this apartment was simply outstanding. As the name suggests it is a top floor apartment and I remember it as being a hotel in a former incarnation. The standard of the conversion is excellent. The kitchen is spacious and very well fitted out with a comprehensive range of equipment, crockery and cutlery. On the same floor the first dining area will comfortably accommodate 8. The lounge area is spacious with a good TV and entertainment system. There is a second dining area on a mezzanine landing above which opens out onto a large balcony with views of the Cheviots and the sea. Both bedrooms are roomy with large, comfortable double beds. The ensuite in the main room has a shower only, whereas the second bathroom has a bath and a shower. Everything was spotless when we arrived and all consumables had been replenished. Standard of decor was good and the apartment has clearly been well looked after. We could not believe how spacious the apartment was - photos on websites are always taken with wide angle lenses (inevitably) which tend to make space appear larger. This apartment was way bigger than we expected - the photos simply don't do it justice. Electrically actuated velux windows throughout enable ventilation on the hottest of days. The house is right next to a pub which is always busy, but really well staffed - no matter how many people were ordering food, we never waited more than 15 minutes for our order to arrive. A cafe across the road is run by the same people - so the two main food and drink venues in Beadnell are right next door. The location is very quiet and peaceful. I cannot recommend this highly enough for a Northumberland holiday base. We'll happily return again.
Within easy reach of Alnwick, inland the Cheviot Hills and northward the border town of Berwick upon Tweed.
Nearest Rail Station - Chathill (very limited service from Newcastle), main line Alnmouth.
Nearest Airport : Newcastle International
Nearest Main Bus Station : Alnwick - however, direct routes to Beadnell available from both Berwick and Newcastle.