- £331 per week
- £47 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Pets
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 bathroom
- 1 WC
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
DescriptionPebbles Cottage is a modern, detached bungalow situated in the peaceful residential area of North Sunderland, just a mile inland from the facilities and attractions of Seahouses. A short drive or a 15-20 minute walk takes you either into the centre of Seahouses village or to the wide expanse of Seahouses beach. Pebbles Cottage has parking for several cars, an enclosed garden on 2 sides, and provides a great base for exploring the north Northumberland area. For lovers of outdoor pursuits, there is pony trekking just nearby, a golf course in Seahouses, trips to the Farne Islands, sea fishing, as well as many cycle paths in the area, and long coastal walks. If the weather is inclement, Pebbles has WiFi for browsing the internet. 2 well behaved dogs very welcome.
- Modern detached bungalow
- Block-paved driveway with ramp up to the front door
- Entrance hall with cupboard for outdoor wear
- Fully-fitted kitchen has views to the front
- Gas cooker and hob with extractor hood
- Built-in fridge (freezer in utility)
Dining AreaWithin the lounge, dining table and chairs.
- Polished wooden floor
- Two sofas and occasional tables
- Dining table and chairs
- Patio doors leading out to a paved area and grassed area
Bedrooms & Bathroom
- Good size with double bed, pine furniture, TV and views to the rear garden
- Twin room, pine furniture, also having views to the rear garden
- Family bathroom has a bath, tiled with wooden floor, bath with overhead shower, WC and wash hand basin
Garage / Utility
- Steps down to the garage
- Parking for 1 car in garage
- Provides additional storage for leisure gear i.e. cycles etc
- Washing machine
- Utility sink
- Access to the rear garden
- TV in lounge & main bedroom
- A good selection of books, CDs, games and videos
- Wildlife guides and binoculars
- Fishing nets available for guests' use during their stay
- Large enclosed grass and pebble garden
- Garden furniture
- Ample parking for at least three cars on the drive and one in the garage
- All bed linen and towels
- Oil central heating
- LPG gas
- Travel Cot
- High chair
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Welcome tray (tea, coffee, biscuits, milk and wine)
- Fishing nets available for guests' use during their stay
What can be arranged
Well behaved dogs welcome (up to 2) @ £25.00 each per week or part thereof.
Holidaying with ChildrenA travel cot and high chair are available upon request at time of booking.
Bringing Your Dog on HolidayPebbles welcomes well behaved dogs. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired - see what can be arranged on the main description tab)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
View and/or download the Stay Northumbria’s
Special Notes & ConditionsNotes and Conditions:
Well behaved dogs welcome (up to 2) @ £25.00 each per week or part thereof
Short breaks may be available during low seasons
We wanted peace and quiet and good parking in a detached house, Pebbles met all these requirements. The owner met us and showed me how to adjust the heating as it was very cold outside. There were written instructions but the personal touch was welcome. No tea towels and limited crockery could have easily been addressed. There was no curtain or blind on the kitchen window which again could easily be addressed. So easy fixes that, for some, could be annoying issues. We would definitely return.
This is our 4th visit to Pebbles and we always enjoy it. The accommodation is,in the main, great. One or two tweaks could make it excellent. These are small issues and won’t deter us from coming back as we love Pebbles and Seahouses. Until next time!
Very enjoyable holiday in well appointed cottage with every possible amenities and all home comforts.
Excellent bungalow, well laid out and comfortable. Nice quiet corner.with lovely views of the countryside. We had a lovely time and would not hesitate to come back in the future. Great location with lots of fabulous beaches and attractions within an easy drive.
From the property:
Walking & Amenities:
- Just a mile into the centre of Seahouses on foot, and 3 to Bamburgh
- Mile to beaches.
- Easy access to Seahouses and all its amenities, from the busy harbour where seating is provided so you can while away the hours watching the toings and froings of harbour life, or stretch your legs on the beautiful beaches which run North and South and are ideal for leisurely walks, or
- Try the 6 mile return beach walk to Bamburgh, or
- the 14 mile return journey to Newton by the Sea (great pub awaits for the mid walk break).
Amenities close by:
- Shops, butchers, bakers (no candlestick maker tho),
- Pubs & Restaurants,
- Petrol station,
- Takeaways (Italian, Indian, Chinese)
- Harbour where you can leave on excursions to visit the Farne Islands, to see Puffins (May to July), Grey Seals and many other species of birds. The area is popular with birdwatchers and photographers.
- Grace Darling Museum Bamburgh
A short drive:
- Bamburgh Castle (2.5 miles north) sits atop rocky outcrop overlooking the beach,
- 15 miles south Alnwick Castle and Garden a popular spot for those with green fingers, and Harry Potter fans (the castle was Hogwarts and the site of the quiddich pitch in the 1st two films
Travel and Access information:
- Alnmouth for Alnwick station is approx 15 miles south - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Berwick upon Tweed approx 25 miles north - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Buses run by Arriva and Travelsure stop in Seahouses itself the X18 services run north and south along the coast from Berwick to Newcastle
- Newcastle International is approx 50 miles south,
- Edinburgh Airport is approx 90 miles north
- Both airports have daily internal flights from a number of UK locations, and international flights on a regular basis.
- Car hire is available from both airports.
- Seahouses is situated on Sustrans Coast and Castles Route 1 and is a popular stopping point.
Check out our Blog for information on nearby villages, events and things do do when holidaying in Northumberland.