Dog friendly holiday cottages in Northumberland
The following Northumberland holiday cottages all welcome dogs - please view the individual property's page to find out what the owner provides or, in some cases, any restrictions there may be ie the maximum number of dogs,
There is normally a charge per dog per week or part thereof** and some K9 etiquette will be required. For full information on each property's web page, see the section under the useful information tab "Bringing your Dog on holiday to..."
- Some properties stipulate that only non-shedding breeds of dogs are welcomed to avoid misunderstandings, we use the Kennel Club's definition of non-shedding breeds - see definitions here
- Whilst most of the Northumberland Beaches are dog friendly, some do operate restrictions at certain times of the year, the following :
- Amble Little Shore, Newbiggin, Blyth & Tynemouth have restrictions between May and September.
- Beadnell Bay whilst vast, does have one area designated as a Bird Sanctuary. When walking with dogs, between Beadnell and High Newton,dogs must be kept on a lead when passing this designated area to protect nesting birds, it is clearly marked, and quickly passed.
- **Tarset Bunkbarn and Bothy Bunkbarns accept dogs free of charge.