Access to the property is often affected by the weather in the Autumn, Winter and early Spring, bookings at this time of year are taken closer to the arrival date, calendars will show as booked during this time, however if you are interested please contact us, and weather permitting you may be able to book.
We are truely priviliged to welcome this "extreme self catering holiday cottage" to our portfolio - back to basics - no tv, no hi-fi, no wi-fi, in fact no electricity, so girls, sorry no hairdryer, curling tongs or straightners either.
Not for the feint hearted - lit by gas light, cook by gas, refrigerate by gas, heat by log burner, water heat by log burner - private natural spring for your water.
That also means no dishwasher, microwave, food processor, washing machine or tumble drier - so be prepared to revert to life as it used to be.
Its a fantastic opportunity to sample life as it was before gadgets and convenience electricals.
Get to know each other, talk, read, create your own entertainment, walk the hills, fish for your supper (yes the cottage has its own fishing rights too).
Wake up to your neighbours - red squirrels, hawks, heron, and deer, and the odd walker here and there.
The property is situated approximately 8 miles off the nearest road, the last 2-3 miles of this is accessible only by high wheelbase 4 x 4 vehicles.
Fairhaugh is 2 miles from the nearest human neighbour, with a burn at your front door and 500 acres of woodland to explore.
Fairhaugh sleeps 8 in 3 bedrooms;
- 2 double bedrooms both with whb, and
- a double bunk room (2 sets of adult size bunks) with whb,
- 1 bathroom with roll-top bath and hand held shower, and downstairs,
- a 2nd toilet with whb,
Family dining room/kitchen with log burner (which heats the water and central heating rads) and a
"Snug" lounge also with log burner.
You will find yourselves very much left to your own devices, the nearest mobile phone signal is nearly 2 miles away - there's no one "on hand" to light the fire, there's no one other than yourselves to wash your dishes and if you've forgotten to bring the stock of loo rolls its a 40+ mile round trip to the nearest supermarket.
If isolation is not for you, then nor is this experience.
Its not the kind of holiday for everyone, but if getting back to basics, in a beautifully restored remote cottage is your cup of tea, perhaps you'd like to find out more. Please ring us on 01665 721380
What is included:
- Bed linen
- LPG gas
- Logs for the 2 log burners.
- Oodles of character
- a very different sort of holiday.
Special Notes and Conditions.
- We don't want to put you off, or alarm you, but we must re-iterate that at least one high wheel base 4 x 4 vehicle is required to transport guests to the cottage. If you don't have one we can put you in touch with a hire company who will be happy to discuss your requirements.
- Weather will also be a consideration - if you must be back home on a given date for that all important meeting in December, you need to be sure you can make your own arrangements to depart the cottage in inclement weather.
- Please note that cancellation or curtailment of a holiday due to adverse weather conditions is not normally covered by travel insurance, you are advised to check your travel insurance policy before booking, particularly during the winter months.
- The owners, and we as the booking agent, will have no responsibility to ensure your travel to and from the property.
- Well behaved dogs are accepted at Fairhaugh £25.00 pr pet per sweek or part thereof. Please note that the proximity of the area's wildlife dictates that dogs are VERY well behaved.
- 19 Days out in Northumbria guide.