As close to the image of a seaside holiday home as you'll get?
Certainly a well loved holiday house, owners Amanda and Mike have over the years collected some amazing coastal and nautical memorabilia and created a welcoming house that's somewhere you're not afraid to kick off your shoes and relax. They've chosen cosy furnishings, quality bed linen and towels, toiletries, and an arrival tray to provide guests at Seacot a warm welcome (includes one of daughter Emily's fantastic home-made cakes, mmm!!!).
Well equipped and functional, Seacot has that all important feature - direct access from its enclosed gated garden to one of the best beaches Northumberland has to offer.
Beadnell and its sweeping bay, is popular with families and water sports enthusiasts alike, with its own boat launch, sailing club and is popular with kite surfers and divers. The beach is wide and sandy, great to play with the kids, walk the dog or do a bit of bird watching at the Trust Sanctuary.
Seacot is an ideal base from which to explore the further attributes of Northumberland, the tranquility of the inland stretches of fells and moors which are ideal for walking - The Cheviots, St. Oswalds Way, St. Cuthbert's Way and Hadrian's Wall; the history captured in the county's large number of Castles and the roots of Christianity on Lindisfarne. Do a spot of bird watching or take a trip to the Farne Islands famous for its seals and puffins........or just relax, unwind and enjoy......
- The cottage is nestled down amongst the dunes in the popular area known as The Wamses
- Enter directly into the kitchen dining area
- Off street parking at the front for 2 cars
- Kitchen dining area
- Large American style fridge freezer
- Washing machine
- Well equipped for cooking and dining
- Ample quantity of crockery, cutlery, glasses, pots and pans
- Kitchen dining area
- Table seating 10 people
- Traditional family style dining facility - bench seating round the table with cushions and stools
- Comfy sofa's and window seating
- Coffee table
- Wall-hung Freeview TV
- Log burning stove
- Access to rear garden through double doors
- Open plan staircase to upstairs
Hallway from lounge to:
- 3 bedrooms - 1 twin side facing, 1 double front facing, 1 bunk room front facing
- Family bathroom with bath with shower over, wc and whb
- 1 very large double bedroom with double door access to balcony with views across dunes
- 1 double room - 5' double bed
- Family bathroom, bath with separate shower, whb and wc
- Freeview TV
- Games, Books & Magazines, DVD's
- Fully rear enclosed garden
- Patio area with elevated grassed area
- Gated access to the dunes and Beadnell Bay beyond
- From the upstairs balcony there are views across the dunes to the beach
- Substantial wooden garden furniture
- Charcoal barbecue
- Off street parking at front for 2 cars
- Bedding (duvets per bed & 2 pillows per person)
- Bed linen
- Towels (hand & bath sheet per person, plus bathroom hand towels)
- Kitchen towel
- Oven glove
- Initial supply of logs, kindling & matches for log burner October-Easter
- Electric heating (not night storage)
- Welcome pack - tea, coffee, sugar, one of Emily's home made cakes and a bottle of wine
- Cot (no cot linen provided), High chair, Stairgate
- Dog crate
- Outside garden furniture
- Picnic hampers
- Picnic-ware including flasks and out door "crockery & cutlery"
- Games, Books & Magazines, DVD's
- Loads of Beach gear
- Ocean Club Membership (charges apply)
- Well behaved dogs (up to 2) @ £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof
- 19 Days out in Northumbria guide £5.99
Seacot is a great family house with 5 bedrooms and 2 shower rooms, the owner provides good facilities for children
- Travel Cot
- High Chair
- Kiddie cutlery & crockery
- Books, games, buckets & spades
- Enclosed garden partly lawned with access to the dunes and beach (note there are some steps)
Seacot welcomes well behaved dogs (up to 2) @ £25 per dog per week or part thereof. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
K9 Welcome pack if you are bringing your dog - selection of biscuits, chews, a few poo bags
The owner provides one medium size dog crate free of charge (please arrange for this on booking), additional crates/sizes can be hired see below.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired - see what can be arranged on the main description tab)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
The following can be hired - see charges under Availability > Options & Extras
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate medium
- Dog crate large -
View and/or download the Stay Northumbria’s
Northumberland Dog Friendly Pub Guide
Seacot offers its guests access to the members-only facility at the
Seafield Ocean Club including its 20m pool, spa, a fitness facility in addition to the public areas of the Coffee Shop and Bistro, and Health and Beauty treatments.
An entrance fee
per visit is required when using the membership facilities, and you must take along the Ocean Club Membership ticket (which is in the property).SaveSave
Notes and Conditions:
Well behaved dogs welcome £25 per dog per stay.
This property requires a Good Housekeeping Bond of £250 to be lodged for the duration of your stay, see our terms and conditions.
Catering can be provided by arrangement at this property, view Emily's website by clicking the following web link for an idea of the tasty treats that could be waiting in your fridge....www.emilybotham.com
Situated in the quiet area of Beadnell known as "The Wamses"
Direct access to the beach from the back garden
Walking distance to nearest pub/eatery - less than 15 minutes
Walking distance to shop/Post Office - 10 minutes.
Walking distance to Seahouses - 2.5 miles
Walking distance to Bamburgh - 6 miles.
Driving : Seahouses less than 5 minutes, within easy reach of Alnwick 15 miles, inland the Cheviot Hills and northward the border town of Berwick upon Tweed 22 miles.
Nearest Rail Station - Chathill (very limited service from Newcastle), main line Alnmouth.
Nearest Airport : Newcastle International
Nearest Main Bus Station : Alnwick - however, direct routes to Beadnell available from both Berwick and Newcastle.
"Thank you for making our 3 day stay at Seacott so enjoyable. We really appreciated the chocolate brownie, wine, milk and orange juice.Your cottage is so deceiving as it looks quite small from the outside but had plenty of room for all our family which included 6 adults, 3 children and a baby.We found it to be well equipped (even hot water bottles!) and loads of toys and games for the youngsters.Ideally situated for the lovely beach and days out to Holy Island and Bamburgh.As we live in New Zealand we will not be back for a while though our UK family hope to return.Many thanks"
Liz and John Dentice - Rotorua New Zealand - Sep 2013
"The kitchen was really well equipped plus there was an extremely nice welcome pack.There were ample lovely fluffy towels.The beds and bedlinen were very comfortable.It was once to have ocean club membership which we used.It was nice that there were toys for our grandchildren and bowls etc for the dog.We felt very welcome just like a home from home."
Margaret Ferguson - Jul 2013
"What a lovely holiday, loved the house it all feels just right. Thank you for the thoughtful touches. The chocolate brownie was fab! Have had some lovely walks on the beach and days out. Always a pleasure to come "home" to such a great place. Great meals at "The Towers" ...... We will be back again."
Sharon & Andy Jones, Fife - Jun 2011
"Your house is very much home from home, thank you for a lovely holiday! This is our first trip to Northumbria and we will certainly be back to do more exploring. The weather was very kind to us and we managed to see something different and do a new walk every day. Thank you for the lovely chocolate cake x "
The Taylor's - Apr 2011
"We enjoyed this place as soon as we got here! The house is lovely and the location is perfect! Right next to the beach. We all appreciated the "brownies" and hope to come back again sometime in the near future!! Thank you x P.S. Thank you for the welcome pack."
The Baxters - Apr 2011
"A great big thank you had a great time loved the house and location everything on the doorstep."
Joan & Lenny Nelson from Leadgate - May 2010
"Fantastic holiday was spent, great accomodation, brilliant location, a chilled out break. With the beach on your door step, what more could you want! We'll be back!"
Mrs E Owen - May 2010
There are currently no special offers for this property.