As featured on "Love Cottages" 8 Travel Hot Spots - March 2016
Tynemouth - right on our doorstep - Coast Magazine voted it one of the 10 best property hotspots for 2017.
A little gem, in its own private setting, the Garden Room is just that, a log cabin, with wi-fi, finished to a high quality offering bedroom, lounge/diner, kitchenette and shower room, beautiful secluded enclosed garden and dog friendly.
Handy for Tynemouth with its new found cafe culture, Newcastle City centre - 7 miles by road, 2 miles to the Metro train station for easy Whitley Bay and City Centre access.
The Garden Room has been designed and built by its furniture designer owner, as additional overnight accommodation for their family - now grown, the accommodation has been recently upgraded and extended to offer a lovely garden annexe with views over the open fields towards Earsdon, its church, and Whitley Bay, from its dining area, and the enclosed garden which provides a lovely area to sit out and enjoy the peace.
Its location makes it an ideal base for those wishing to explore the sights and sounds of the City of Newcastle, or escape the hurly burly to the coastal resort of Whitley Bay, and Tynemouth with its pavement cafe culture and featured Number 1 in the Rough Guide 30 best UK beaches
There are numerous areas to walk and explore in the area, with local beaches approximately 10mins drive away. A popular local pub "The Beehive" serves gourmet food and is only 1 mile away with tables in their garden for summer eating. Less than 5 minutes walk away is a local market garden and coffee shop offering super breakfasts, lunch and afternoon tea at a reasonable price. St. Marys Lighthouse on its own little island is an approx. 15mins drive. Also bus route nearby.
Enter the property via the rear door into the kitchen
The kitchen in the garden room is compact but has all you need to make a quick cuppa and sandwich or cook a supper for two, with fridge, microwave combi oven/grill, and hob.
Off the lounge is the bright and airy dining area, with double doors opening onto the garden.
The lounge is a comfortable area with large sofa and easy seating, Wi-fi, Flat screen TV and beautifully decorated.
The bedroom has a king size double bed, bedside cabinets, wardrobe and wash hand basin. Views across the garden from full height windows.
Shower room with wc and whb.
Games & books
The garden is well kept and designed as a traditional cottage orchard garden including outside furniture and a small gazebo, a beautiful area to take full advantage of sunny weather in a quiet, private spot.
Parking for 1 car.
- All bedding, bed linen, towels
The Garden Room welcomes well behaved dogs (up to 2 small or 1 medium sized ) @ £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired - see what can be arranged on the main description tab)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
View and/or download the Stay Northumbria’s
Northumberland Dog Friendly Pub Guide
- Dogs are charged at £25.00 each per week or part thereof.
- Heating is electric, the property has mains water and waste.
- The property is managed by the owner who lives on site.
- The property is adult only, although infants under 6 months sleeping in a travel cot can be accept by arrangement, however there are no special facilities for children and guests should bring everything they require for an infant including travel cot and linen.
- Chill out, read a book, talk to each other and relax in this great little orchard garden - you'd never believe you were so close to a city - believe me ,we know , we used to live next door!
- Find the source of the Roman Wall, amongst the old industrial streets of Wallsend and then pop along the river to the Ouseburn for lunch at the Cookhouse a Michel Roux Jnr's hidden gems
- Bring the bicyles (or hire them locally) and take a ride out along the Coast and Castle's Route 1 North from the Garden Room along the South Northumberland coastline - if you make it to Alnmouth, Berwick or Edinburgh hop a train back
- Take a drive inland 40 minutes along the Tyne Valley or further north to Kielder and experinece Dark Skies in the UK's only Dark Skies National Park
- A walk on the beach at Tynemouth Longsands, and a visit to Tynemouth's metro station on a Sunday morning for the fantastic market then a visit to Rileys Fishshack - another Michel Roux Jnr hidden gem- Lobster & sides out of a box on the beach - wow!
Situated on the outskirts of Whitley Bay, within easy walk of pubs in the Village of Earsdon, and the "Beehive" renowned locally for the quality of its food.
Good off road dog walking straight from the property.
There are currently no special offers for this property.