Croft Cottage is one of a pair of semi-detached single-story stone cottages totally rebuilt in 2013. Finished to a high specification and boasting uninterrupted views of the open Northumbrian countryside, the single-story cottage is located in the tiny rural hamlet of Newstead, on one of the Duke of Northumberland's tenanted farms, yet only a ten minute drive from the Northumberland's Heritage Coast and the village of Bamburgh. It is surrounded by a network of country lanes and public bridleways.,
For larger parties up to 10, this semi-detached cottage can be booked with Pasture View, its next-door neighbour. To book this option visit our property Newstead Farm Cottages
- Entrance porch with access into cloakroom with WC, wash hand basin and heated towel rail.
- Through to inner hallway with all rooms leading off.
Bright airy kitchen is well laid out and equipped with:
- Electric oven
- Ceramic hob
- Extractor hood
- Washing machine
- Good range of cookware, crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Dining area with pine farmhouse dining table and chairs.
The dining area is situated in the kitchen which has a pine farmhouse dining table and chairs.
- Nice double aspect room with french doors to shared garden
- Comfortable lounge seating
- Log burning stove
- Coffee table
- Ipod dock.
- 3 ground floor bedrooms -
- Family bathroom with bath with shower over, whb, wc, heated towel rail.
- Parking for up to two cars;
- secure storage in outdoor buildings for cycles etc;
- large walled grassed gardens (no divide between the two cottages)
- Bedding, bed linen and towels.
- Travel cot & high chair - available on request
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Cleaning materials (most eco friendly)
- Welcome tray (incl. tea, coffee, sugar, milk, 6 fresh farm eggs, home baked goody, local weekly newspaper).
- Internet access.
- A travel cot and
- high chair
- available for guests use by arrangement - please request at time of booking.
- Note that no cot linen is supplied.
- A small selection of books and games are available.
Notes & Special Conditions
- Close proximity to large pond.
- For safety reasons, access to the farm yard and buildings is strictly prohibited unless by prior arrangement with the owner.
This single storey cottage is located in the tiny rural hamlet of Newstead, on one of the Duke of Northumberland's tenanted farms, yet only a ten minute drive from the Northumberland's Heritage Coast and the village of Bamburgh. It is surrounded by a network of country lanes and public bridleways.
Situated about three quarters of a mile off the A1 the property is a great base to explore Northumberland in general
A short drive:
- Bamburgh Castle (2.5 miles north) sits atop rocky outcrop overlooking the beach,
- 15 miles south Alnwick Castle and Garden a popular spot for those with green fingers, and Harry Potter fans (the castle was Hogwarts and the site of the quiddich pitch in the 1st two films
- 10 miles to Holy Island
- 20 miles to Wooler and the Cheviot Hills
- 15 miles to Berwick upon Tweed
- 45 miles to Hadrian's Wall.
Travel and Access information:
- Alnmouth for Alnwick station is approx 15 miles south - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Berwick upon Tweed approx 15 miles north - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Buses run by Arriva and Travelsure the X15 and the X18 services run north and south along the coast from Berwick to Newcastle
- Newcastle International is approx 50 miles south,
- Edinburgh Airport is approx 90 miles north
- Both airports have daily internal flights from a number of UK locations, and international flights on a regular basis.
- Car hire is available from both airports.
- Sustrans Coast and Castles Route 1
- Wooler Wheel
- A number of circular cycle rides are accessible from the cottage,
Check out our Blog for information on nearby villages, events and things do do when holidaying in Northumberland.
There are currently no special offers for this property.