Pasture View is one of a pair of semi-detached single storey stone cottages totally rebuilt in 2013. Finished to a high specification and boasting uninterrupted views of open Northumberland countryside, the single storey cottage is located in the tiny rural hamlet of Newstead, on one of the Duke of Northumberland's tenanted farms, yet only a ten minute drive from the Northumberland's Heritage Coast and the village of Bamburgh. It is surrounded by a network of country lanes and public bridleways.,
For larger parties up to 10, this semi-detached cottage can be booked with Croft Cottage, its next-door neighbour.
The entrance is ramped, to the main door, the hallway has a storage cupboard, and the cloak room is also accessed from the hall.
A good sized room which includes the dining area
- electric oven,
- ceramic hob,
- extractor hood,
- washing machine,
- pine farmhouse dining table and chairs.
- Situated in the kitchen with a traditional farmhouse table and chairs.
- Good range of crockery, cutlery, glassware
Bright sunny room with double aspect windows overlooking the garden
- two 2 seater settees,
- coffee table,
- corner display unit
- wood-burning stove sitting on a marble hearth,
- corner TV cabinet with a Freeview TV,
- I Pod dock
- double french doors which lead to an outside York stone patio area.
Ground Floor Bedrooms - all with matching pine or oak furniture - wardrobes, drawers, bedside cabinets
- Bedroom 1: with a double bed and south facing views of open countryside
- Bedroom 2: with a double bed and south facing views of open countryside
- Bedroom 3: with a single bed and a view across the gravel courtyard and parking area
- The family bathroom is half tiled and provides a bath with overhead power shower and screen, wash hand basin, WC, heated towel rail.
- IPod dock
- Books, Games etc
- Parking for up to two cars;
- secure storage in outdoor buildings for cycles etc;
- Charcoal BBQ
- large walled grassed garden (not divided from Croft Cottages grassed area)
- Travel cot & high chair - available on request
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Cleaning materials (most eco friendly)
- Welcome tray (incl. tea, coffee, sugar, milk, 6 fresh farm eggs, home baked goody, local weekly newspaper)
- Bedding, bed linen and towels
- Internet access
- Travel Cot
- High Chair
- Great selection of games, books etc.
- Outside space immediately at the cottage but not fully enclosed.
Notes & Special Conditions:
- Regret no dogs.
- Close proximity to large pond.
- For safety reasons, access to the farm yard and buildings is strictly prohibited unless by prior arrangement with the owner.
- Pasture View can be booked along with Croft Cottage for a group of up to 10 people.
This single storey cottage is located in the tiny rural hamlet of Newstead, on one of the Duke of Northumberland's tenanted farms, yet only a ten minute drive from the Northumberland's Heritage Coast and the village of Bamburgh. It is surrounded by a network of country lanes and public bridleways.
Situated about three quarters of a mile off the A1 the property is a great base to explore Northumberland in general
A short drive:
- Bamburgh Castle (2.5 miles north) sits atop rocky outcrop overlooking the beach,
- 15 miles south Alnwick Castle and Garden a popular spot for those with green fingers, and Harry Potter fans (the castle was Hogwarts and the site of the quiddich pitch in the 1st two films
- 10 miles to Holy Island
- 20 miles to Wooler and the Cheviot Hills
- 15 miles to Berwick upon Tweed
- 45 miles to Hadrian's Wall.
Travel and Access information:
- Alnmouth for Alnwick station is approx 15 miles south - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Berwick upon Tweed approx 15 miles north - a mainline station on the North East Coastal line with regular stops from London to Edinburgh
- Buses run by Arriva and Travelsure the X15 and the X18 services run north and south along the coast from Berwick to Newcastle
- Newcastle International is approx 50 miles south,
- Edinburgh Airport is approx 90 miles north
- Both airports have daily internal flights from a number of UK locations, and international flights on a regular basis.
- Car hire is available from both airports.
- Sustrans Coast and Castles Route 1
- Wooler Wheel
- A number of circular cycle rides are accessible from the cottage,
Check out our Blog for information on nearby villages, events and things do do when holidaying in Northumberland.
"We had a very enjoyable stay at Pasture View. The property was spotlessly clean when we arrived. It was also very well equipped. The owner was a lovely lady who went out of her way to make us feel welcome and to ensure we had an enjoyable stay. We cannot think of a single thing which detracted from our having a memorable stay. We will look forward to returning to Pasture View some time in the future"
Mr and Mrs Caisley - Apr 2017
"Lovely holiday in a beautiful area, made all the better by staying in a gorgeous cottage with plenty of room inside and out. Perfect place for children who got hours of entertainment from the tractors bailing in the field next door through the week. Great location for accessing Seahouses, Bamburgh and Beadnell.
Will be back."
Pete Wallroth - Aug 2014
There are currently no special offers for this property.